Who doesn't use their 600RR's rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who doesn't use their 600RR's rear seat?

I am looking to make myself a luggage rack out of a factory rear seat. I'm going to take some torn up seats that nobody's using and take off the vinyl and foam, and build an aluminum rack that unfolds to hold a backpack or my delivery bag (i'm a pizza guy). If any of you have ripped up rear seats laying around, I want them. Let me know who's got a rear seat they aren't using.

- Bryan

Old 10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Default RE: Who doesn't use their 600RR's rear seat?

i would suggest you go to an uppolstry shop, build what you want and have him cover it... it will look nicer and save u trouble pizza guy

Old 10-25-2007, 04:32 PM

ok now anybody with a brain please post a reply. I don't want anything covered. I need the plastic and metal base that the seat is made of to make my rack. NOW - does anybody have any passenger seats laying around that they aren't using, that they wouldn't mind getting rid of?

Old 10-25-2007, 04:34 PM

loose the additude... please, i was just trying to help you out

Old 10-25-2007, 04:41 PM

sorry man. sounded like you were trying to be a *****. the factory rear seat is great for hauling stuff and i've been using it for a while, but i don't want to modify it because when i'm not carrying stuff, i still like having a back seat on there that looks decent.

the rack i want to build consists of the factory rear seat plastic and metal bracketry, because i don't want to have to build that, and a rack on top of the plastic attached to the plastic that folds up, and that i can tie stuff to. I'm not concerned with the rack looking good - it is purely for utility, and I would use my own rear seat to build it, but i want to have a rear seat too, so that won't work.

I figured there were at least a few people on here who had gone down and torn up the rear seat, or replaced it with a solo cowl. those people are the ones I'm talking to. Again, sorry for snapping at you - i'm just tired of posting something up and getting a bunch of replies from people who think my idea is stupid and advise I not do it. I'll get it done and it will work great and probably look good too, but I do need materials before I can even start. So does anybody want to get rid of their back seat?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:47 PM

If nobody is willing to part out with a seat, I'd suggest finding a used/ torn up oneon good old ebay. You can get them pretty cheap.

Also, using the stock seat pan is a great idea. Youll probably be able to make an awesome mount that's very solid. And you'll be able to secure/remove it with the twist of a key.

I'd love to see the finished product

Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 AM

might try your local stealer ship .. see if they would be willing to part with one from a trashed bike that might still be useable .. pizza guy .. bike ... fast warm pizza ... you dont happen to live in texas do ya :P

Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Feared600RR

might try your local stealer ship .. see if they would be willing to part with one from a trashed bike that might still be useable .. pizza guy .. bike ... fast warm pizza ... you dont happen to live in texas do ya :P
The underseat exhaust can/should help keep the pizza hot. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-26-2007, 01:19 AM

yeah i'm in dallas! and the food always stays hot, even when i leave the bag in my truck bed and it's 20 degrees outside. on the bike, i'll be able to get through traffic a lot faster, though, and body roll destroying the food won't be an issue like it is in a car, because the bike tilts to compensate for the turn, and the contents of the bag don't move at all. Now ive just gotta convince my work that that's the case. getting a trashed seat from a dealership is an excellent idea, and i'm going to call both local honda dealers tomorrow and ask them to keep an eye out. I haven't even started designing the rack yet, because i haven't torn one of these seats apart yet to see what i've got to work with. I'd like to have something that folds in from the sides and overlaps, and maybe even have a back that folds out for more length. if i'm worried weight or wobble is an issue, i can just tie into or down to the passenger footpegs for integrity. But anyway, keep an eye out for me and if you see someone throwing out a seat or someone with a solo cowl, send them my way!! if i get enough of these, maybe i'll start producing luggage racks for these poor bikes and the aspiring travelers and pizza delivery guys who ride them. thanks guys

Old 10-26-2007, 05:33 AM

You could try a scrap yard, if you have one close by. I'd be willing to bet its a lot cheaper there then at the dealership.

Quick Reply: Who doesn't use their 600RR's rear seat?