Wheelies, why do I still struggle...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies, why do I still struggle...

Alright, I know there are many posts on this but I am still struggling ot get the front wheelmore then half a foot of the tarmac. No that my bike does not give me enough enjoyment already, but it is still fun to try pop wheelies here andthereand I'm getting frustrated at not been able to get it up high enough.

I have tried getting it up to about 8 - 9000 revs (in first), closing the throttle and then whacking it open again, it does not lift that much at all. Perhaps my rythm is out, I am not positioning myself right on the bike, orI need to give the barsmore of a pull, Im not sure, but I do still struggle. I have also tried getting it to the same RPM range(8 - 9000), pulling the clutch in and at the same time opening the throttle further to climb the revs more and then dumping the clutch. This seems to be a little more promising then not clutching at all but still does not come up that far, maybe a foot at most, and then it drops pretty quickly.

Can you guys tell me if there is anything else that I should be concentrating on that might be the problem? I must be screwing something up if I cant get a bike with this much power into a decent wheelie eh?

On that note, is it easier to wheelie up hill or not? the only place I've really tried is on an uphill, not that steep, but still an uphill. Perhaps this is the problem?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Default RE: Wheelies, why do I still struggle...

I would think that in theory, it would be easier to wheelie while going uphill, due to the weight of the bike being transferred to the rear. I however, have not grown the ***** yet to try to get the front wheel up, so I can't help you much there. My front wheel has accidentally come up an inch or two a couple times in first gear at WOT. I am also interested in hearing some more responses on this though.....

Old 03-20-2007, 09:17 PM

You should sit farther back on the bike. You are most likely being a *****...no offence. Rev that **** up and drop the clutch. MAKE SURE TO COVER THE BACK BREAK. Hope that helps. Go to a parking lot and rev it up in first gear, then drop the clutch. It will come up.And from there it is throtle control. Good Luck.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:35 PM

Takes alot Of ***** to try to wheelie and ive been riding for 5 yrs. Give props to those who can. Just make surethe road is clear from danger. Good luck. Where the stunas @ ?Tellthis brotherhow its done.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 PM

get the bike in 2nd gear at about 7k to 8k , hold the throttle steadypull the clutch inabout an inch the revs go up , clutch out and the front will lift
then balance with the throttle but don'f continue to rev it up

i am not responsible if you hurt yourself, better still you should ride the bike as it was meant on 2 wheels

Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a wheelie class.

(no really).....there's a wheelie class. The superbike school I've signed up for has a wheelie class. They should be able to teach you how to do a proper "MotoGP stye" wheelie......not those simple street wheelies.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You kidding? My 06 is a freaking blast to wheelie! Comes up easy as hell too! Just get the rpm's in the sweet spot, back off real quick and pin it and it will come up no problem! Snick it into 2nd gear and cruise along!

PLEASE though, no wheelies in traffic! I play out on the back roads!

Old 03-21-2007, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Take a wheelie class.

(no really).....there's a wheelie class. The superbike school I've signed up for has a wheelie class. They should be able to teach you how to do a proper "MotoGP stye" wheelie......not those simple street wheelies.

Are "MotoGP" style wheelies the ones where the frontpowers up in topgear? I'd love to see a 600rr do that.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Try watching this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91590638402466

Clutching wheelies when you don't how to wheelie is a good way to wreck your bike. If you follow the instructions in the video and you still can't wheelie, then wheelies are not for you.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 PM

^^^^^^ I wouldnt say that, It takes more than watching a video to get the legistics down on how to wheelie.

Quick Reply: Wheelies, why do I still struggle...