WHEELIES!!!!! How to....sorta!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHEELIES!!!!! How to....sorta!!!

Ok, to answer some questions of the best way to wheelie these babys.
Yes, you are going to have to get the TECHNIQUE down FIRST!
Just the good ole running up to said speed, killing the throttle the INSTANTLY SNAPPING it back open! Now, Me and some buddy's were JUST doin wheelies not even two hours ago, so this is tested!!! We found to go by speed rather than rpms, (it was just easier for us!) And, WEIGHT makes a difference!!! He weighed 180, he had to get it to 20, (doesn't matter how fast you get there!) then roll pretty hard up to 40mph!!! Then do the routine. (drop throttle, then snap open quickly) I weigh 215, so, I had to run it up closer to 47 or so. But, if you run it up there pretty quick, then drop and quick again....it comes up VERY easy!!! Like Butta!!
Note: ya also need to make sure that you are sitting pretty straight. Also, ya might give a tug from your shoulders. Let me know if this works for any of you that try. But, like I say, we BOTH were JUST doing it a little bit ago and it WORKED for us!!! Let me know guys! BE SAFE!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHEELIES!!!!! How to....sorta!!!

thats about how I been doing them... but you may want to avoid the "tug from the shoulders". If you gotta, throw your weight around, sure, thats good. Just dont let it snap on your handlebars as it can cause you to move your front wheel left/right and you may come down going the wrong direction, and maybe not still on the bike O_o hehehe. just be carefull with the shoulder tug is all im saying.

If you get comfortable to try one, try standing up. Ive heard it comes up MUCH easier so you may want to experiment at lower speeds first... and again, try to stay away from the tugging :S

take it easy, thanks for the info

Chris