whats so bad about having the bike ridden in rain

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats so bad about having the bike ridden in rain

I hear people that are selling their bike saying that the bike was never ridden in the rain.
What is so bad about it?

Old 08-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Default RE: whats so bad about having the bike ridden in rain

lol... nothing at all. they're just trying to say that it's been pampered and babied. most guys i know have ridden or been caught in the rain at least once. i know i have several times! so what??? it doesn't hurt the bike... big deal!

Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 AM

I just have to say. WUSSIES...............

I have race in the rain. It's amazing how much braking power you have in the wet. Cornering is a different story. I bought rain tires recently. You can get a knee down and run great times in the rain with the right tires.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:27 AM

when I read in an add that a bike for sale was never ridden in the rain, I think one thing. Rain gets a bike dirty, if a bike owner makes a point to not ride in the rain it tells me he doesn't want to have to clean it afterwards and its possible they are too lazy to take care of the bike

Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 AM

+1

I ride in the rain all the time. It does get the bike dirty though, that's the only thing I hate about riding in the rain. Also, you need to maintain chain lubrication, other than that its no different than riding in any other type of weather.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 PM

i dont mind riding in the rain as long as its not raining so hard that visiility goes to ****e. and it takes me about 3 hours of detailing to get her back as clean as i want it. its kindatough getting all the crap out from the under tail and exhaust area.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:09 PM

I think its dumb when people ask me about leaving the bike setting in the rain. They are like, "Why do you leave your bike outside in the rain. I Always put mine the the garage, especially when its gonna rain." Im like uhh, are you an idiot. Its not going to hurt the bike to let it set in the rain. The rotors are going to get a little rusted but after one brake in town than its back to normal........

Its like they think the bike is getting thrown in a river or something.
The whole thing is waterproof for gods sake.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:18 PM

the only thing bad about riding in the rain is less traction. For some people, that's the only time the bike gets a wash.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:01 PM

I ride in the rain, hell sometimes my bike is my only way of transportation unless i call a buddy. I have heard the same people are like "oh that sucks your bike is getting soaked in the rain." I'm looking at them and i am just saying"Are you F**king retarded? Why does it matter you ever washed your bike? Yea that's water also dumbass" I just walk out if i don't have a toweel throw my knee/shin on the seat to whipe it dry and ride off!

Old 08-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Umm

Basically this people are trying to say is that ...

Water doesnt damage it??? since you wash it with water n doesnt do anything alill rain wont do nothing...

I would say dont let the water juss sit there even though its waterproof its better to just clean it and all

some1 else made a real good point ... they could be lazy to clean their bikez...

OR could be really cautious...dint ride in the rain...dint let it soak and leave it like that...or dint crash it...
there is high rate of accidents in rain...cars and motorcycles both....specially the first drizzle is the worst is most slippery...

anyone who rode in the rain...here are ppl who know what they are talking about if they are saying no difference..itz no difference...

But if you are going to buy a bike ...along with other thingz ...also chek the lubrication...n also rust marks if there are any...there shouldn be any...b very careful with used sales...

GOOD LUCK FINDING THE RIGHT BIKE.... HOPE YOU GET A GOOD DEAL.

Quick Reply: whats so bad about having the bike ridden in rain