What's Happening???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Happening???

Ok so I have a quick question. For some reason when I am stopping my rear end kind of sways one way after I let out the clutch and after I downshift to first. Basically I am coming up to a stop sign, brake, squeeze clutch, shift down to first, let out on the clutch. The rear end kinds of pushes to one side. It only does it sometimes and only when shifting down to first. I am wondering if I am letting out of the clutch to fast or I am going to fast and down shifting to soon. It feels that I am carrying to much speed and shifting down at to high of a speed as it is only when going down to first. I just wanted to ask to make sure there isn't something wrong.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Default RE: What's Happening???

just before you down shift and the clutch is pulled in give it a little shot of gas so the rpms match and it will go away

Old 07-26-2005, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr Bling

just before you down shift and the clutch is pulled in give it a little shot of gas so the rpms match and it will go away
Makes sense, i will try that. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with the bike.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 AM

make sure its not your rear wheel sliding either... .that happens to me sometimes here in sd as our roads are pretty slick. If you are going to fast and shift down your bike is going faster than what your rear wheel wants to go in the new gear w/out any gas...

hope that helps.... even if its just a bit :S lol,

Chris

Old 07-27-2005, 10:15 AM

Yeah, If you are shifting into first and letting the clutch out at 30 your *** is gonna slide. RPMS are too high. Try downshifting into taller geras and put it in 1st around 10 mph.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RRip

Yeah, If you are shifting into first and letting the clutch out at 30 your *** is gonna slide. RPMS are too high. Try downshifting into taller geras and put it in 1st around 10 mph.
So as I thought I am down shifting to soon. I will just make sure I am going slower when shifting.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:30 AM

you don't have to slow down when you shift it's just a matter of giving the throttle a burp before you shift it's a good idea brings the rpms up so when you shift the motor isn't trying to catch up I do it all the time and if you listen you will probably here allot of people doing it when they down shift

Old 07-28-2005, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr Bling

you don't have to slow down when you shift it's just a matter of giving the throttle a burp before you shift it's a good idea brings the rpms up so when you shift the motor isn't trying to catch up I do it all the time and if you listen you will probably here allot of people doing it when they down shift

Sounds good and makes sense. I think I am letting out on the clutch to fast too, that might be part of the problem also. I do let completly off the throttle to when I down shift and that sounds like what I am doing wrong based on what you are saying. I will give it a try.