what questions to ask sellers?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what questions to ask sellers?!?!

hey guys. i am looking at a used bike that i have found. what questions would you ask the seller of the used bike. it is a 2005 cbr600rr. with 15000 miles. actually here is a link to the sale. what you think? also deffinately wantto try and lower price a bit.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/mcy/458420854.html

Old 10-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: what questions to ask sellers?!?!

Nice bike. The price doesn't seem unreasonable to me -- did you check KBB.com for the approx. value? Also check out e-Bay and see how much they've been selling for.

Here's a thread that may help you out too regarding buying a used bike...
https://cbrforum.com/m_16005/tm.htm

Good luck.

P.S. That Phoenix area code is wrong.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

Nice bike. The price doesn't seem unreasonable to me -- did you check KBB.com for the approx. value? Also check out e-Bay and see how much they've been selling for.

Here's a thread that may help you out too regarding buying a used bike...
https://cbrforum.com/m_16005/tm.htm

Good luck.

P.S. That Phoenix area code is wrong.
dang! that is perfect =] thanks, just what ive been looking for

Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 AM

yea i jus bought a new one.. $290 a month.. two year mortgage... but no.. from experience.. look at the bike.. really look at it... in detail.. ask for specific pics.. trust me.. ppl hide things they dont want you to see.. esp when trying to sell something.. check it out from top to bottom.. so far it looks good.. but so does my zzr.. but it has 6 cracks on the bottom which you wouldnt be able to see unless specifically shown... so be sure before buying.. thats all i have...

Old 10-26-2007, 06:39 PM

dude, the price that he is selling for is totaly fair but you should lower it. the reason is, that the bike is coming to a point where it needs maintenance. at 16k miles you will need to check the air filter, fuel filter(may be), plugs, valves, chain and of course the clutch.
good luck, if you can get it for 4800 that would be a great deal.
if he gives it away at 4500 then there is something wrong.<opinion.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

dude, the price that he is selling for is totaly fair but you should lower it. the reason is, that the bike is coming to a point where it needs maintenance. at 16k miles you will need to check the air filter, fuel filter(may be), plugs, valves, chain and of course the clutch.
good luck, if you can get it for 4800 that would be a great deal.
if he gives it away at 4500 then there is something wrong.<opinion.
ill keep that in mind. how much do you expect the maintenance to cost for all of that? is the 16k mark a general time to check all that for all bikes? if he goes with the 4500 would you think that there is internal problems or what?

ive been looking for a bike with less miles, but all i can really find out here are r6's. not really sure i want/like them. maybe i should keep waiting

Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM

its hard to resist the want to get a bike but the best thing is never to rush the purchase.
15k miles is not bad for a bike but 16k is usually the recommended benchmark for a tune up.
depending on the condition of those things that were listed you might need to replace anything at all. but keep that in mind and have some extra cash just incase.

this is my method to buying stuff but you can think of it what you will but I never go for a great deal when it comes to buying a vehicle. i try to go for a fair deal. when a price gets a bit low then i get antsy.
good luck.
over all that bike looks nice. try to workout something with the guy

Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 PM

yea...im gonna set up an appointment with him. maybe even see if he will let me test ride it.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 PM

Found a couple more bikes.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/mcy/455632207.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/mcy/444895791.html

the second one. the 2006 red one has 12k miles on her. he said never layed it down, but it does have some scratches on the fairings. does that sound odd? or no? also he said reason he is selling is because he is in the military getting deployed. since im in military maybe cut a special deal.. haha

what do you guys think

Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 PM

i found out more info on the second link above. the red 06. but it is a recovered theft bike, therefore has a salvage title on it. he said it has gone through a class 3 inspection/emissions. not really sure exactly what that is.