WHAT KIND OF AIR FILTER DO YOU USE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT KIND OF AIR FILTER DO YOU USE?

What's better than what Honda engineers designed...stock is all you need.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:39 PM

like everyone else said...... 06 and need a new air filter....DOUBT you need a new one! and STOCK is all you need! Enless you want to just waste money......

Old 04-23-2006, 09:28 AM

Stock, and when it comes time to replace it i will go with stock again.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:28 AM

Don't ya'll understand that the more air you can get into the engine the more power you will recieve? Of course with more air you will also have to get that added air flow out of the engine...that's where you use a slip-on as well as a new muffler (or a NEW EXHAST SYSTEM ALTOGETHER...THIS IS NOT RECOMENDED). Then once you have those things, you need to re-map your engine computer...that's when you need to get a power comander III. My goal is to max my bikes potiental...and im sure that is what every one else here is trying to do. Everything here that I just mentioned total cost should be under $1000.00...The difference would be so different that you will need to learn how to ride your bike all over again because of the difference in power.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:51 PM

I have an 06 and use a BMC Racing air filter

Old 04-24-2006, 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: FONZ

Don't ya'll understand that the more air you can get into the engine the more power you will recieve?
Then I wonder why everyone I know that races uses the OEM filter? Is this some secret of power gain that hasn't gotten out yet? I mean, these are some pretty smart and fast guys...a few of them are champions of their class...why don't they use this secret...how did they miss this?

I agree with the PCIII comment, but you'd get better gains from a full system, which I think is what you meant by a "new exhaust system altogether."

I'd stake my bank on it that someone who spent time getting the "max" out of their riding potential versus someone getting the "max" out of their bike's potential would be the faster rider on the track...even on a stock bike or a 250...

Old 04-26-2006, 02:48 PM

I must agree on that point you made about the max out of the rider or the max out of the bike comment. If a person really knows how to ride his bike then that person would ultimately win. We all could use more pratice when it comes to bike riding even if you have been riding for years.

NOW, back to the poinrt at hand....I am going to go with the BMC air filter...I have looked at the stats and it seems to be the better filter...more power to you all. Peace!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 12:10 AM

BMC race

Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 AM

I would go with a filter that can be cleaned and reused because I plan on keeping my bike for a very long time. Other than that one reason, I don't think it makes sense to spend a grand on your bike if you can't even do the motorcycle course at the State Police parking lot. I have been riding for 5 years and I still find the mini slaloms tough at 2 miles per hour!

Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 PM

BMC Racing Airfilter

Quick Reply: WHAT KIND OF AIR FILTER DO YOU USE?