What frame sliders & spools should I buy? '06 RR

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What frame sliders & spools should I buy? '06 RR

I've been looking for some frame sliders and spool for my '06 rr but not sure which ones to buy. Thinking of buying the vortex bases with slider pucks. What do u guys think? Also why do some have aluminum bases like the vortex and others don't? whats better?

Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Default RE: What frame sliders & spools should I buy? '06 RR

ORIGINAL: transamlt1man

I've been looking for some frame sliders and spool for my '06 rr but not sure which ones to buy. Thinking of buying the vortex bases with slider pucks. What do u guys think? Also why do some have aluminum bases like the vortex and others don't? whats better?
I say go for it. It will only protect your investment. Vortex are well known so I am sure it will be fine to use.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 AM

not sure if this is what your asking but the vortex sliders have aluminum bases so the actual slider is a seperate piece, I guess some cheaper sliders may just be one piece

Vortex makes awesome sliders, and if you need a new puck they are pretty easy to find (all of vortex's sliders use the same puck)

Just make sure you use the delrin (plastic) pucks rather than aluminum or whatever the squids are using these days

as for spools, it depends on what you like and how often you use stands
I use Pro-Tek for my track bikes because they are beefy and the base of the spool is a large diameter so if you crash, it has a larger base to keep them from bending and breaking the bolt/stripping the threads on the swingarm. They're also catch the stand a lot easier than the small ones and feel more stable. But again this is for race bikes that don't have kickstands and unfortunately crash more often than I would like lol.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:04 AM

I just put vortex on my bike a few days ago and love them.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Thanks. I think I will go with the vortex sliders and for the spools i will get the "swingarm slider" which have grooves for the stand but also have about an extra inch of plastic off the end incase of a crash..... no full coverage on this bike, way to much.