What exhaust sounds good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What exhaust sounds good?

Alright, time for me to be serious after the last thread I stared. I have quick question.

I've been a rider for a while, know enough about performance upgrades and whatnot, but I know nothing about exhaust (except for cars).

I would like to get a different exhaust, mainly for the tone. I DON'T want something that'll **** of the neighborhood, being that I usually arrive home around 3am or so. I would like a little louder than stock, but mainly a deeper, throatier sound without sounding like those fart-can mufflers on a riced-up Honda Civic with the 8-foot spoiler.

Any suggestions? A performance upgrade would be nice too, but the 600's are straight-up fast enough as they are for the way I ride them, especially as an everyday commuter and weekend trackbike.

Thanks.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What exhaust sounds good?

I know there is a site somewhere that compares like 20 different exhausts. From what i have researched D&D is extremely loud, two bros is medium w/nice tone and same for yoshi, i personally love the new yosh carbon fiber, there is a previos thread w/ video of it. Sounds totally awesome, cant wait to get it, hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 PM

I remember seeing it too..dont know where the link is exactly..but i have a 2Bros and it gets ya noticed but doesnt wake the neighborhood...im prolly sold on it as a choice so i cant give an unbiased opinion.

Try this link for Pipz....Pipe Sound Clips

Old 09-19-2006, 06:14 PM

yup thats the one I was gonna put up.... I put he Jardine on mine...... not to loud, not too weak (like stock)..

Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM

Two Brother M2 Titanium High Mount.... sounds niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Old 09-20-2006, 12:15 AM

I'm in love w/ my Yoshi RS-5,, I don't know the meaning of quiet exhaust though. I ride 40-45mph in first all the time just to watch the heads turn! RS-5 is beautiful in all RPM ranges but sounds the best @ like 9,000 & ^

Old 09-20-2006, 01:14 AM

Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. The sportrider link was nice to have, so thanks for that. - Hard to tell though (they all sound so much the same when recorded, I would have to hear them in person to get a better sense of the deep tonees).

For any of you car people out there. This is what I'm kind of looking for:

You all know about Flowmaster, and how they are pretty loud all the time. Well, I'm more of a Magnaflow person myself. It sounds like a Flowmaster when you step on it, but is rather quiet (like stock) when you are just taking it easy.

That's kind of the effect I'm trying to shoot for on my bike. Nice, deep and mellow while just driving around, but really shows itself off at a higher RPM.

Thanks so far though for all the comments! I'm liking the Jardine's sound from what I can hear from the MP3 clips, but again, hard to tell on there.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:05 AM

Hey blue fox, let me know what you get. I would like a little deeper exhaust note as well, but like you said I dont want to **** off the neighbors either. THE COPS ARE OUT ON A RAMPAGE, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Old 09-20-2006, 03:10 AM

gotta make their quota....lol

Quick Reply: What exhaust sounds good?