What exhaust should I go with

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 PM
January 2012 AND 2013 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just installed my new two bro m5, and loved it .love the loud a$$ sound and the look,, yoshi look nice but i dont like how it sounds doesnt rumble as loud as the TBR, jardine rt1 would have been my second choice and the akra and arata, totally get if i had that money and was looking into performance wise, but im jus a daily rider so neh.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Thanks for all of your input, I will let you guys know what I will be going with soon. Just got the bike delivered today, so I still have some time before all the snow melts. Thanks again guys.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Look how sexy the Akra looks as opposed to the 2 brothers or Yoshi. Now I am not knocking 2 bros or Yoshi because I think they make a great product. I just don't think it looks right on the 07-11 CBR 600RR. The Akra sits flush with the rear fairing where the 2 bros and Yoshi do not and I think the tip looks better but this is all my personal preference. As for performance wise you are going to get about the same from all 3 slip ons which is about 2 HP. 2 bros website says it is a 4.6 HP gain but they stay the stock one has 2 HP less than the other 2 websites.

Totally agree with you on the Akra. It looks like it is part of the bike. Most of the others look like crap. I want people to notice my bike. Not the exhaust.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Look how sexy the Akra looks as opposed to the 2 brothers or Yoshi. Now I am not knocking 2 bros or Yoshi because I think they make a great product. I just don't think it looks right on the 07-11 CBR 600RR. The Akra sits flush with the rear fairing where the 2 bros and Yoshi do not and I think the tip looks better but this is all my personal preference. As for performance wise you are going to get about the same from all 3 slip ons which is about 2 HP. 2 bros website says it is a 4.6 HP gain but they stay the stock one has 2 HP less than the other 2 websites.

I sooo agree with you on this one. I prefer buying local and want to go with2bros, but I hate how it sticks out that far.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 PM

i have a full micron serpent exhaust. makes the most power out of any aftermarket exhaust . and they have a lot of diff muffler choices to go with it. check it out

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
i have a full micron serpent exhaust. makes the most power out of any aftermarket exhaust .
Dyno Chart with results please. HP rating and Torque ratings will be a superb way to support your statment.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Name:  bikebuild3287.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  163.8 KB
Courtesy of Cozye from SuperbikeStore.net

Old 03-23-2011, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Dyno Chart with results please. HP rating and Torque ratings will be a superb way to support your statment.
cant find it of course but i saw it, read this Micron Exhaust - Products

Ihope to have dyno numbers up from my bike soon. before i put the full system on i had 109hp 50ft . so im hoping to see big increases . im need a tune anyway but want a penkse triple so its one or the other , if i get the tune ill post asap

Old 03-23-2011, 01:18 AM

check out Hyper-Flo, they have nice options available with their setup, and imo they look redic and sound even more redic, they only make cbr exhausts and the kit comes with a complete FE kit as well, after doin a bit of research thats def what ill be going with, they claim 3hp gains on a 600 with no re-mapping and one+ ft/lb of tq, LED's with the kit, carbon fiber color options, tip options, everything to get the exact look u want, they claim to be quite loud tho so if quiet is what you want look elsewhere. check their site for more info.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:43 AM

woops wrong thread

Last edited by Lozzle; 03-24-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Quick Reply: What exhaust should I go with