What do you do when you enter a store, restaurant, etc.??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do when you enter a store, restaurant, etc.??

Just wondering what everyone does with the helmet, gloves, bike, etc when you run inside a place to eat, shop, etc.????

I don't want to lose a $450 helmet & $50 gloves, etc.

Put them behind the counter at the service desk? Or cashier at the eatery?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: What do you do when you enter a store, restaurant, etc.??

most of the time when i'm shopping, running errands, going out to eat, etc. i drive the cage. the bike is mainly used for rides that don't include stopping (except for gas.) but when i am forced to go into an area where i'm outta site of the bike i usually take the helmet in with me. and i put the gloves in the underseat storage or in my back pocket. just depends on the situation, but i never use the helmet tab on the bike. its a real pain in the *** and someone could still come along and cut the strap or whatever. whenever i used leave the helmet attached to the bike, i would normally come out and find trash and **** in there. even had a fast food cup placed in it upside down. i was totally pissed [:@]

Old 04-14-2006, 03:04 AM

that sucks about the drink cup, but hey, if you have the helmet in your hand, that hot chick that just walked by your super sexy CBR now knows who is driving it, so can you say "brownie points"?

Old 04-14-2006, 05:00 AM

well i always parked my bike somewhere hidden (like at the mall, behind the wall on the curb - like the employee's rest area.) parking it in a car spot will be ok - if you park them on the curbs by the mall or something, more of a chance for those mall rats to provoke.. So if your going to leave your helmet on the bike lock, get an alarm (it wont stop people from putting sh*t in it tho) but you could make the helmet out of steel then have the battery connect to it when you lock it, so if any liquids touch it the bastards get shocked MUHAHAH..

but i like to take my helmet with me anywhere (if it's a storefront where the bike is right outside, i'll just leave it on the lock because i can see it).. but walking with a helmet is the cool thing i believe now a days, people do oww and aww like "wow he is cool.. " haha sorry

never work golves but usually i would wear a backpack all the time, so i could put food and everything in it.. so if you dont have a golve conpartment, then just throw them in your backpack (mesh jackets and backpacks dont mix.. it's a b*tch to get the backpack off the mesh, but i believe leather is easier.. havent tried tho)

but if you think your going to forget your helmet, you might want to get some surgery done with your memory (maybe put an extra gig in your brain) - right when you get on your bike, you will be like "sh*t, my helmet" it's second nature - unless you sometimes ride without one, then that's just playing with death.

golves can be a second nature to if you train yourself to put them on everytime you ride. and have an order of doing things, but you should never be able to forget something in a store really - just wouldnt happen. unless your old like jet jockey muhaha (I"M JOKING)

*wow didnt know jockey was the topic starter haha*

but if your sitting at denny's or a resturant - i just put my golves in my helmet (work out golves) and then put my helmet on the seat. I would never put my helmet on the ground - If of your helmet as the american flag, it touches the ground - just burn it haha.. because if someone kickes it accidently or something, it "COULD" make a crack in the foam (i mean really kick, but there is chances like this).. it's just better to be safe with your helmet because it's like your seat belts, it could save your life..

now like going to a theme park or something - you can take it along with ya, the ticket counter always had storage for "cameras, bags, etc etc" if you got a backpack - you can put the helmet in there so you dont have to hold it.. or tie the straps around the backpack so it dangles (but still secured) - nine has had a bike alot longer then me i bet, so he's probbly had alot of sh*t done to his bike and equipment. I only had little 9th graders sitting on my bike when I walked out from P.E. (when i was in HS) - but i went up to them and said like "nice bike.." there like "oh, naw man - it aint mine.." im like "you damn straight freshman, <bleeped out>" after that i parked it behind the school walls seeing how some people have NO RESPECT for others property.. so just think before where you park and secure.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:16 AM

If I have to go to the store, I'll also take the car. Usually, the only stop I make is at the gas station like nine2nine said. But if I have to, I always take my helmet with me...never leave it out of your sight. I also shove my gloves in it too.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:02 AM

I sometimes stop at the grocery store on the way home from work and I use the helmet lock and place my gloves inside the helmet. I know I'm taking a risk, but don't we all, we ride motorcycles This is about the only place I would do this and I usually park next to the shopping cart stall closes to the entrance, thus leaving only one side exposed to someone hitting my bike. There is enough activity that I feel safe enough to leave my bike for a short time. I'm only picking up a few items to throw in my courier bag and I can see the bike from the front of the store when I'm in the checkout line or just walking along the aisle.

The only other time I've left my bike unattended was when I was riding with my buddies and we stopped to eat. I took my helmet and gloves with me. Any other time I don't leave my bike unattended even when I fuel up.

When my bike is parked at work I can see it from my office window and its parked close to the receiving bay and where everyone takes a smoke break. Also everyone knows my bike.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Good stuff. And Vermino...who ME old???

Slight change of parking spots...what about any of you go on a longer overnight trip & have to use a hotel?? What do you do with the bike then? Obviously all the gear goes inside the room, but what about the bike? Say it's a Marriott Courtyard or Hampton Inn, etc. You don't really park right by your door. Any of you ever speak with management & ask for a special place to park it? Or just take a chance trying to secure it in the best place possible out in the parking lot?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:00 PM

this is where your alarm system would be nice to have.. like in group buy, they are thinking about a TW-400(or some crap).. it's a nice system actually, it's a cheap verison of a Viper auto alarm system (but there is no motorcycles alarms made by viper, so TW-400 is the best i believe).

Now parking it, sh*t - what about the bike?, BRING IT IN THE ROOM WITH YA haha jking.. if it's one of those little motels (you know that have pillers (to support the upstairs) and also rooms doors on the outside of the motel then ask for one of these rooms, and park your bike inside the pillar by your door (it might **** off the maids if you dont get out of the room early like me.. i'll sleep till like check out time, the maids cant even wake me up muhaha)

in Idaho we have bike parking everywhere (well personal vehicles, like ATV's sandrails, bikes) because they are a bunch of rednecks and drive whatever has an engine in it.. so there might be special parking in areas you are not familiar with..

frerice, not is wrong with putting your golve sinside your helmet - especially if you park it on the curb by a storefront. Most everyone will just pass by the helmet (if the golves match the interior of the helmet, alot less risky to notice it) but most people will just pass by it, if they look - they will think someone is watching them tho. I mean your risking $50+ but in even i was never scared to leave my bike for a given time and think someone would slash my helmet strap or take my golves (i did put my golves in my helmet when i went into storefront places) Panda express, pizza places, anything that is like 5-10 minutes - Dennies and resturants is kind-of where you want to choose to take your equipment in just in case..

Usually parking your bike in closest spot to a place is best (all the way in the back is BAD, even tho no one parks near ya.. there is less activity by your bike which means a perfect target for a thief) - putting it on the side-walks and curbs by a storefront will increase your chances (because people will think it's an employee, or the person is very near the bike). You will get those people that will adore your bike, so if you do come out with a bottle of milk and see a guy touching your exhaust - dont spill the milk, alot of people like to admire bikes.. so with the alarm system you will get alot of faulty set offs, and you dont need to run outside everytime - just click off the warning, and if it happens a couple more times (and it aint windy.. my viper alarm is so senstive, but it does have 4 sensors on it) then just go outside to check it real quick.

Even if you had a red flashing LED light on the dashboard, you improve your chances greatly from not having your bike being stolen or violated.

And your not old jockey, your like fine wine - you get better in age (Did i pull off that line right?) you know what i mean.. stay safe man

Old 04-14-2006, 12:49 PM

i always take my helmet with me.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my helmet on the helmet lock, and then run a kryptonite u-lock through the passenger peg bracket and secure it to the helmet's jaw piece, so someone can't just cut the strap and take the helmet.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you enter a store, restaurant, etc.??