what cbr should i get???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cbr should i get???

I am looking at a cbr600 but i am not sure which model to buy the RR or the f4i. This is my first motorcycle so i don't know what would be a good starter bike. I have a cr250 and i have been riding it for about 4 years. So if anybody has any suggestions please reply.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Default RE: what cbr should i get???

Most are pobbly goin to say F4i, but I think it all has to do with responsibility. Apparently you have some type of experience under your belt, it just comes down to whtat you think about yourself. If you think you will be willing to learn at a slower pace, yet confident, and can handle a touchier throttle and more "aggressive" bike, I'd say it would be safe to assume to get a 600RR, after, you have ridden something before, its not like its your first anything. The F4i, for heresay, is less aggressive, and allows you to be a little bit heavier on the throttle than the RR. It doesnt have as strong of a band as the RR but still has a lot of power to get you out of situation and has a bunch of fun. Both are awesome bikes that either way need to be respected to the same degree, if just depnds on what you think of your ablilities.

I have an RR and love it. It has a little bit of a touchy throttle (no something you want to sneeze on while giving it gas,ha) but yet wont flip you but off if you hit a pot hole or whatever. It isnt as comfortable, thats for sure, but isnt horrible either. I like the riding position a lot and its very capable of longer rides, yet at times can get a little sore. You can deffinately feel the band around 6k or so, and goes from there. It has a lot of power and is a great bike to own, IMO. Good luck on your decision, hope this hellped.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 AM

+1 RR all da way

Old 11-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally hate that exhaust can sticking out the side of the bike on the F4i. If you are going to buy brand new, I would go with the RR, but remember that these aren't nessesarily starter bikes, but you do have riding experience on a smaller bike, so I think you'll do fine on either one.

Again, I would go with the RR. They're damn sexy and after you buy it, you'll be sitting in the garage eating dinner staring at it. (I've had mine for 5 months, and I still stand there and stare, LOL.) They're great bikes, they look great, and have an excellent reputation with reliability and performance, and I haven't regreted buying mine. (I would have if I bought the 07 compared to the 06, but that's a different argument for a different thread).

BUT the ergos on the F4i is much better suited for everyday city driving than the RR. The RR has aggressive ergos that fit the track scene more than the street. I'm fine with it, and like the aggressive seating. It's not as uncomfortable as people lead you to believe. But they are sportbikes, they're not built for long trips and comfort, they're built for one purpose....performance. Some people that I know bitch about how uncomfortable these things (sportbikes in general) can get when compared to a cruiser..........then I usually reply, "then why the F didn't you buy a cruiser?". Freaking squids.....LOL.

Again, the RR looks the part and performs extremely well. The F4i will be a tad more comfortable, but has some cosmetic issues going on (my opinion, no offense to F4i owners).

Good luck man.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:59 AM

get the RR without thinkin those bikes look damn sexy ... and like blufox said u will have the bike for long time and u will still sit and sater at the bike .. i had my 1krr for 5 months now and beleive me sometime i get bored so i go wash the bike and sit stare at it ( no kiddin ) those other bike with the exhaust coming from the side is ugly only few looks giood with the can hanging on the side ... thats just my opinion with no offense

Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 PM

get either..both very good bike. but i would say if you see yourself doing alot of track riding maybe the RR..but the f4i can still do very well on the track.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:25 PM

GET BOTH !!!!!!!!! lol.....

Old 11-17-2006, 02:25 PM

You've got to be kidding. The difference is almost unmeasurable between the F4i and the RR for a new rider. Infact, most new riders will probably be quicker on the F4i at first.

The F4i is a bit cheaper, a bit more comfortable (for 90% of people anyhow), and is at least 90% as good on the track. The RR is questionably prettier and has got the advantage on weight and performance at the absolute limits.

I don't call the F4i a beginner bike, but if you have a whole bunch of dirt time, take the MSF then perhaps it's a good bike.

Either bike is going to be pricey. I don't know if you've figured out how much gear costs, or what kind of budget you're looking at.

Personally - I'd be awfully tempted by a 2000 (or newer) F4/F4i used... they're selling for nothing at this time of year. Save a whole bunch of money, and get the new 600rr/1000rr in a year or two. With the money you saved you could keep the first bike and turn it into a track bike for weekends...

First bike I'd suggest - either the 250/500 ninjas, maybe the sv650, an F1-F2, or a < 95 ninja 600... dirt cheap (all of them) and have strong resales as they've already depreciated.

I guess the answer to your question is rooted in:
- just how much time you have in the dirt
- how mature you are
- how much money you have

Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 PM

+1 for the RR

Old 11-17-2006, 02:48 PM

hey my beginner F4i bike will spank most RRs on the track...and in the streets...
so get the F4i...it's a BETTER BIKE PERIOD! muhahahahah