what are the best years for an RR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the best years for an RR?

I have found myself in the market for a new to me bike, due to the fact that I trashed my 01 F4i over the weekend.

I love the F4i, but would only be interested in purchasingthe 01-03 models, becuase of the tail. So I am tossing around the idea of buying a newer RR instead of a 4-6yr old F4i. But I have a couple of questions.

first, is there a major difference between the early models, and the late models? NOT COUNTING THE 07 DREAM MACHINE! -I cant afford it right now.
Someone told me that I didnt want an older model becuase they were a little lower on power and little heavier? Is that so? Is there really that big of a difference?

What about comfort, the F4i was is nice. And I know that the ergo's on the RR are pretty agressive. Has anyone put helibars on them? and a Corbin seat? do you think that would make it more tolerable?

Most of my weekend riding is in the 200-300mile range in a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. .

Old 05-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: what are the best years for an RR?

I don't think there is a major difference in the years. As the years go on, they loose a few pounds and find a few extra ponies, but I think any year will work for you. I know we have a member or two with the Corbin seat, but my cheap butt works fine with the stock seat. $500 is a lot of a piece of foam. I don't know anyone with helibars.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 PM

i have an 02 f4i and an 03 600rr. as far as comfort goes and good all around bike the f4i wins hands down. the f4i has no problem keeping up with the RR. after about an hour the RR will have your wrists aching and your butt a lil sore. its a real toss up. as far as performance you won't notice any difference really unless you put em on the track.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my '06 but the '07 has some nice features and great reviews. since that one is out I think any RR in good shape will be just fine.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 AM

Thanks guys, anyone know of a comparison chart that I can examine the differences between the years? I want to atleast know what my options are.

Like, on an F4i, I know basically 01-03 are exactly the same bike, then again from 04-06 the same bike again with no major improvements or changes.

Can someone breakdown the generations for me? or give me some direction? I know I like the looks of an 06RR with the vents in the tail, is that the only year with that tail?

Old 05-07-2007, 01:35 AM

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...elId=CBR600RR7

just go there and click on compare this model, then compare it with the 06....

Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 AM

all RRs have vents in the tail, 03-04 they were smaller/skinnier the 05-06 was more like the 1KRR...like don said as they get newer they shed a lil bit of weight and get a lil more juice...other than that...not much changes...i believe the 05-06 has inverted forks? but other than that theyre close to the same

Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 AM

thanks socal, but I been there already. you can only compare the 06-07, which doesnt really help me. I would like more information on these models, and older ones. specifically ergo's, suspension, and especially pics.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.600rr.net has a TON of info.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:25 PM

fwiw, i noticed a significant improvement in braking from 04to the 05 radial brakes. if i did a quick stop at a yellow to red light so not to get slammed by an oncoming car making a left turn, on the 04 i would fishtail; on the 05 i stop progressively and smoothly. or maybe ive improved my braking, not sure..[&:]

Quick Reply: what are the best years for an RR?