Went down thurday night.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went down thurday night.

[align=left]I have a black '07 CBR6000RR and thurday night on my way home someone swerved into my lane infront of me and I ended up laying my bike down in a ditch. It was either that or hit him. Sad thing its my bike is only about a month old. The guys stopped and helped me pull it out the ditch. I'm alright and the bike only suffered cosmetic damage. I figured any wreck you survive is a good one. I was probably only going about 30 or 35 MPH but that was more mentaly traumatising then I thought it would be. I'm not saying I was laying there in tears...lol. Just the after thoughts a few days later and I didn't sleep well that night.

anyways if anyone knows some selling Black fairing for a 07 let me know I need anything for the right side.

If I have anything to say to people who haven't gone down. While I didn't go down hard, you will look at things differently that for sure.
[/align]

Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Default RE: Went down thurday night.

glad you're ok

Old 05-30-2008, 09:41 AM

You should have shouted your head off at the guys who's fault it was! (after they helped you pull the bike out ) they must have seen you and were driving like d**ks.. sorry to hear the bad news but glad you're ok

Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 AM

yeah dude, I have only been riding for about 6 months now. I'm a pretty safe rider, and like most people who have only been riding for about6 months I feel pretty confident. The other day I was on this road where it's got some steep short hills, I was getting on it, and the hill popped my front wheel up. I'm not going to lie and say that I have never done a wheelie, but this was the first time it did one by accident. My front wheel came up so fast I almost didn't get off the gas in time. I was a little scary, but it was good because it reminded me of how easy it is to get hurt on these things. I hope I can havea wreck free riding life, but thanks for your story it really puts into perspective how quick things can go bad. Glad to hear your ok

Old 05-30-2008, 10:15 AM

Man that tough. sorry to hear about that....yeah you have to watch out for those drivers on the road because half the time its the cars not the bikers.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 AM

last ditch effort on your part. no pun intended.you did everything you could. there is this website called d9industries.org i believe that sells custom painted fairings (cowls whatever you want to call them)as a set for 955 US. they even have factory painted ones. I looked at the yellow and couldnt take my eyes off it for like 5 minutes.

from what ive experienced regarding other drivers is people pushing me out of my lane when they merge. I had a guy merge right beside me and since we werent going so fast I pulled ahead a bit and lit my tail light up and started to shake my head. I was pretty offended because he could have easily pushed me into a parked car. also a guy at my work said a girl in a mercedes came beside him and pushed him out and forced him to stop. Any idea what to do in these situations? Im going back to what I first learned at the bike show i went to and i got that you should maintain a dominant lane position when in the city. any comments about any of that?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 AM

man that sucks.

i went down last sunday. black '07 as well, and about a month and a half old... coincidence?

anyways. i had sliders so only 1 piece got nicked really bad and one had minor damage.
i got my parts from servicehonda.com they have the best prices around that ive seen.

check out ebay too, theres usually a few good deals to be found on new parts as well as slightly used ones..

oh and btw. did your mirror break off? cause mine did >.<

Old 05-30-2008, 11:26 AM

Glad to see you up and typing about it. Sorry for your misfortune though. Ebay is your best bet.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: heybuddy1901

man that sucks.

i went down last sunday. black '07 as well, and about a month and a half old... coincidence?

anyways. i had sliders so only 1 piece got nicked really bad and one had minor damage.
i got my parts from servicehonda.com they have the best prices around that ive seen.

check out ebay too, theres usually a few good deals to be found on new parts as well as slightly used ones..

oh and btw. did your mirror break off? cause mine did >.<
yup, It broke the mirror off...lol. It did'nt break at the fairing just on the rod that holds it. But in Louisiana all you need is one mirror on the left side so I'm good for alittle while

The driver of the car told me that he was looking for his softball glove and didn't realize he swerved in to my lane. I was able to miss the car I just leaned so far to the left that by the time I got the bike to come back over ( had to give it throttle to get it back upright, so I ended up speeding up) I just ran out of road so I went in the ditch which I was pretty sure was gonna happen from the start. I tried to save it though.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM

Looking for his sofball glove? why when he was driving? was he goin to have a quick practice in his car before he got to where he was goin? what an ***....! [:@]

Quick Reply: Went down thurday night.