Way to register a bike.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way to register a bike.

Did any of you guys ever think about registering your bike in your family members name in case if the popo's try to confiscate your bike for whatever reason it may be? I'm remember years ago, I was pulled over at ridiculous speed and not "following instruction" then the cop tried to confiscate my car. Luckily it was in my aunts name so they couldn't.

So if I were to register the cbr in my brother's name, how would that affect my insurance and loan? any thoughts?[:-]

Old 12-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Default RE: Way to register a bike.

In terms of legalities, I have no idea....unless you were doing a pursonal loan or some sort without using the bike as colateral you couldn't sell it to your borther without paying off the loan. Either it could be in his name (doubt he would want to do that) or if you can buy unsecured then you could sell it to him for a buck...techincally is his...you are still on the hook to repay and he isn't

not sure is smart...but if unsecured that is how to do it...if secured would have to be in his name and insurance too

Old 12-01-2005, 07:47 AM

I have my bike registered in my bro`s name, but the reason isn`t runnin from the po po it gets me cheaper insurance.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Retired Administrator

Ohio must be relaxed. I would be able to get insurance on anything I had a VIN for. I remember (yes CJ, I can remember that far back) way back in high school.... I totaled a car. Since I didn't need insurance on it I called to cancel it. They asked a few questions and asked what I'd be driving and I told them one of my parent’s cars, but it has insurance already. But not for me, I just transferred my insurance to cover the VIN of my parent’s car so I would have a lapse in insurance. So the car had two policies from different companies on it.

Ohio is, or was, really relaxed. To get a state photo ID made at the DMV all you needed was a birth certificate. Nothing else. How the hell could the DMV tell if that was you? My brother loaned out his birth certificate to a buddy that was several years younger so he could get an over 21 ID. Worked well until the idiot got pulled over and gave the wrong ID to the officer. He asked for Mr. Collins to step out of the vehicle. The officer could tell by Mr. Record's response of "what... who†that something was wrong. Then the dumb a$$ said, oops, I gave you the wrong ID, here's mine... can I have that one back? My brother got of the details from the officer, cause he was in a police academy that this officer taught at. Good ole' boy town... everyone had a laugh at it in the end.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:07 PM

I guess you all haven't heard of a thing called the Patriot Act?

Old 12-03-2005, 01:11 PM

yeah but i dont think your average police officer is going to be invoking the rights of the patriot act .....ur in some serious **** if there pulling that on you + dont worry youll never even know it happened