wanna buy a bike, not sure???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wanna buy a bike, not sure???

you have to get a bike. I have a 06 RR and I love every cc of it. I got my bike for more recreation and fun then comuting so I look forward to every weekend that I get to run through the twisties of our local mountains. I get back in my cage and drive to work bored out of my mind. That is what gets me through every day at work

Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 AM

We are getting there, almost ready to make my decision. More responses would be appriciated. Another thing after you replay tell me what is your age too, just for info purposes .

thank you guys

Old 06-04-2006, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

**disclaimer** this reply was meant for pure entertainment purposes and has no truthful content...buy the wrong starter bike and you could get seriously hurt or die.
You had me, all I could think was WTF until I read that last line.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Rotts1

I find it very unlikely that you will get BORED riding. If anything, you will be bored driving your cars and wishing you were on your bike. There are pros and cons to owning a bike, just like anything else. You should make a list of your pros and cons and see which one outweighs the other. Good luck on your decision.
Agreed- 100%. I can't imagine being bored with a bike.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:10 AM

my hubby and i were real big car buffs before we got our bikes, he ended up selling his stang a couple years ago and i've neglected my formmy. If you're into bikes and you really think you want to ride, i don't think you'll regret it. Everyone is different, but out of everyone i know there is only one person i can think of that gave up riding after buying a bike and that is only because he rides crazy and has finally come to terms that if he keeps riding, he won't be around much longer, he just can't control himself and he knows it, but he still loves the thrill, not something ya get bored with. Even if you do decide riding isn't for you, you can always sell the bike, granted if you get it brand new, you'll be out some money, but if ya get a used one to start and change you're mind you'll most likely be able to sell it for the same price you bought it for anyway. If ya think ya wanna ride, take a shot

Old 06-04-2006, 11:38 AM

I agree with everyone here, I have been riding for about 5 years now and I could never get bored of it. I'm not realy one to go out wandering around with no destination by myself, but there is always some errand to run or some store you been meaning to check out as an excuse to ride. And when you are not doing that...In my oppinion, there is nothing more fun then getting out at night and riding with a group of bikes once you're ready.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ashsammy

same post, but rewritten: "well i hoped he crashes but he didn't, well not yet, but i still hope he crashes so i won't look stupid anymore, i am anticipating his crash. **disclaimer** it gives me such great joy and entertainment".
Are you really that retarded? Every post (except this sarcastic one) is meant to protect new riders and have them buy the correct bike to start out on, not a bike that requires advanced skills to operate properly. Sure you can hop on an "R" bike and putter around town, but they're not going to forgive you as easily if you make a newbie mistake or get tempted to twist the throttle...and trust me, you will! It bothers me that newbies with no riding experience see these cool looking machines and get wrapped up in wanting one for all the wrong reasons...I'd feel better if it was your second bike, because you'd at least have some saddle time and have some of the basics of motorcycle operation.

I don't wish anyone to crash and I pray for new riders who buy these nasty machines as a beginner bikes, so to my dieing day will try to discourage new riders from getting the wrong starter bike! Just because a few months have passed and nothings happened yet doesn't mean nothings going to happen, or won't happen to another person. A new rider telling another new rider to go ahead and get an "R" bike because nothing has happened to them yet is insane advice to me, and it makes my stomach churn every time I read it and just when I think I've made my point another new member arrives and doesn't search the topic and asks this question again (after they ask how fast does it go)...my sarcastic response was more out of frustration than anything else...and after reading my replies every where else, you ought to know I'm not afraid of looking stupid.

I work every shift in a Level One Trauma Center Emergency Room as a nurse and wittiness first hand the tragedies of new and old riders mistakes and it ain't pretty...I've seen the results of riding with and without gear, riding too aggressively, not paying attention, drinking alcohol and riding and just about everything you can think of and it ain't pretty! It's life altering and heart breaking and doesn't only affect yourself...it affects your family and friends too, so to insinuate that I get enjoyment out of riders going down is insulting to me, especially being that I've devoted my life to helping people in need, trust me if you went down and came to my ER, I'd stop what I'm doing and come be at your bedside...I do that for every fallen rider that comes in when I'm on duty.

Sorry about my tangent, but ashsammy's reply really offended me...

Old 06-04-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

I work every shift in a Level One Trauma Center Emergency Room
Thaaaaats whyyy... dude, if i knew earlier i would have definitely sympathized with what you have to go to work to see everyday. I can imagine how much it scares you to see emergancies come in and out, some catch up and some pass away... oh my, i gotta admit, you must be the most careful driver. simply seeing an accident on the road would charge me into driving paranoically careful for weeks in memory that some crazy driver is out on the run just about to get themselves and someone hurt. i had no clue where your deep concern comes from, although you sounded just like my mom complaining. please take no offense, totally none of my intention..

Old 06-04-2006, 10:24 PM

Check this out, people crash, get hurt, and die!!!!!! If your getting one for yourself is one thing but to look cool or impress others is another. It's all about you and no one else. We all had our reasons for wanting to ride but you don't sound sure about wanting to ride. You need to find People that have been seriously hurt and ask them why still ride and the ones that don't still ride don't be afraid to ask them too.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:09 AM

I am one of the jackasses that started on an "R" bike. I have been very mature throughout my life. I respect these machines that outperform full on RACEBIKES of a few years past. I have been very carefull every time Ive gotten on my bike, and I try to progress my skills while maintaining complete control and never stepping outside my comfort zone. I have still had a few scares early on. There are things that happen in the real world that nothing BUT experience can prepare you for. You NEED experience to become a better rider, and if you gain that experience on something more forgiving, you will be less likely to encounter situations you are not ready for.

For these reasons, I would STRONGLY suggest, (especially since you are unsure of wanting to ride or not), starting on a ninja 250, 500... suzuki gs 500... just something that isnt as race focused as the newer 600's, 1000's, and so on. You will then spend less money on your first bike, gain valuable riding experience, and very valuable experience on whether or not you want to step up in CC's later, or even ride period. Its a good way to keep you out of trouble while still gaining that experience that you NEED.

If you can, take the MSF course when you get your bike. Do everything possible to learn in a controlled environment untill you can make the bike do what YOU want it to do. That means stopping in a desired amount of space, turning, accelerating... youll be much more comfortable when you get into a situation that results in you pulling the seat out of your ***, instead of possibly crashing, and we all know how bad that can be.

gear up, ride safe, and I dont think you will EVER look back after you start riding... I dont see how I made it through life before I got my bike

take care,

Chris

Quick Reply: wanna buy a bike, not sure???