wanna buy a bike, not sure???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna buy a bike, not sure???

I wanna buy a bike and i've heard a lot of pros and more cons. I have a lot of doubts, not sure what to do...
Some friends told i will get bored quick, and then i will sell my bike or never ride it again. Plus i could get hurt and something bad could happend to me.
New bike is not little money and i dont want this to happend to me.
I do have honda civic for everyday driving and mitsubishi eclipse gsx that im working on almost every daY (its the project , im building 500whp+)
In addition i wanted to get a bike too , at least trying to for last couple of months ..
Did any of you regret it, and is it worth it. I got a good deal, ($200 a month , full insuranse included for 60months)
I dont wanna sound as a little kid, looking for nice word to make me feel better ( i'm 25 years old) , but i think i listen to a lot of people and they helped me to build these doubts
What do you think....I wanna hear from experienced riders

Guys help me out...

sorry for my bad english

Old 06-03-2006, 03:06 AM
Default RE: wanna buy a bike, not sure???

anyone? I really need quick reply

Old 06-03-2006, 03:37 AM

Get the bike, get some nice gear, and ride safe. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!! I guarantee everyday you don't get to ride you will curse the weather or whatever circumstances it is that's keeping you off your bike.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:37 PM

I find it very unlikely that you will get BORED riding. If anything, you will be bored driving your cars and wishing you were on your bike. There are pros and cons to owning a bike, just like anything else. You should make a list of your pros and cons and see which one outweighs the other. Good luck on your decision.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:40 PM

get the bike! you won't regret it

Old 06-03-2006, 02:02 PM

I was probably in the same situation as you. I am 23, before 4 months I got my first bike (was 22), brand new cbr600rr. I gotta say, I get so excited everyday since the day i bought it, just thinking I am going to ride it to work in the morning, and sooo excited that i am gonna ride it back. Its never boring. Those who you hear have regreted it are people who started right away trying to do wheelies and some nasty tricks, and ended up wrecking the bike, its definitely regretful to see a 10000$ bike wrecked. I told my self from the start that for the mean time I do not want to even think about doing a wheelie. I am not so excited about showing off wheelies. So as long as you ride within your limits, you will be fine. Some said not to get a 600rr as first bike, thats all nonsense, I am doing fine. GO GET IT!!![sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 PM

Find the coolest looking bike you can and ride it like you stole it... [&:] The more advanced bike you start out with the better rider you'll be in the long run, a lot of people buy "R" bikes as starter bikes and they've never crashed yet, so you can too, just ride within your limits...even though you don't know what your limits are yet and you should be fine. You don't need to learn the basics of riding before getting a machine meant for advanced riders and if you can't touch both feet on the ground go ahead and lower it 3 inches while you're at it, your bike will be the shiznit yo!

**disclaimer** this reply was meant for pure entertainment purposes and has no truthful content...buy the wrong starter bike and you could get seriously hurt or die.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

**disclaimer** this reply was meant for pure entertainment purposes and has no truthful content...buy the wrong starter bike and you could get seriously hurt or die.
ROF*****

i just bought a 06 cbr 600rr for my first bike about a week ago. im 23 years old. and i cant wait to ride it everyday. i can bearly sleep at night. good luck on making your decision!!

Old 06-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Find the coolest looking bike you can and ride it like you stole it... [&:] The more advanced bike you start out with the better rider you'll be in the long run, a lot of people buy "R" bikes as starter bikes and they've never crashed yet, so you can too, just ride within your limits...even though you don't know what your limits are yet and you should be fine. You don't need to learn the basics of riding before getting a machine meant for advanced riders and if you can't touch both feet on the ground go ahead and lower it 3 inches while you're at it, your bike will be the shiznit yo!

is it just me, or should fretless get the "sarcastic member of the year" award. i guess i took too much pleasure in this response, i love the way fretless explains things. like the always present posts of people wanting to start riding on race bikes. or the ones who want to lower and/or stretch their bikes until they are unridable. but i guess you would have had to read all the previous responces to enjoy the irony in this post. you rock fretless! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-04-2006, 03:00 AM

same post, but rewritten: "well i hoped he crashes but he didn't, well not yet, but i still hope he crashes so i won't look stupid anymore, i am anticipating his crash. **disclaimer** it gives me such great joy and entertainment".

Quick Reply: wanna buy a bike, not sure???