Vegas baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vegas baby!!!

Ok my buddies and I purchased new bikes (mine being the 600RR) and we set the date for a Vegas trip from Long Beach, CA. Well that was last weekend. We took off on Saturday morning and in about an hour and a half we were in Barstow in 100 degree weather and full gear. God it was hot. In two more hours we were in Vegas and it was 114.

So why write about it? Well I need to post more, but really some people had some questions about the 600RR that I thought I could answer from my 4 hour adventure. (each way)

SEAT: Ok so the seat is not that thick, and sure I am a white guy with no butt, but the only time I ever wished for a better seat was at around the 2 hour mark. The legs did get tired, and the butt was a little sore, but on monday I was ready to ride to work.

SEATED ANGLE: Yes the wrists were tired. If not because they had to be on the throttle for 2 hours, then because of the angle on the bike. Both wrists are still recovering.

GAS: Was great. I was able to run for the 2 hours @ 90 which meant one stop each direction.

SPEED: I had her up to 140 at one point. And when my buddy on the R1 decided to mix it up and get on it, I just downshifted twice and I was there right with him.

TIRES: I have the stock Dunlops on her and when we were in Vegas you could actually put your finger in the tire. Very soft and sticky.

TEMP: When we hit Vegas she was at 200, and in clean air she was fine. Never an issue.

ENGINE: Click-ity Clack. OK so I did a service before we left, and my advice is to use the thicker oil. They put thinner "winter vs. summer" oil in her and I can hear everything now. With the temp in which these beasts run the thicker oil will reduce and keep the engine clack down.

BUG SPLATS: Honda Spray makes it go away.

It was a great trip, and I won't waste your guys attention any longer. Next year we will do Laguna Seca, and possibly San Diego. PEACE

Old 07-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Default RE: Vegas baby!!!

First of all, I have got to hand it to you. 114 in leathers and no way to back out... damn impressive. More ***** than me.

Good to know the temp of the bike stood the test.

I am from SoCal also. If you guys ever do any riding local. Shoot me a message, I would love to join you. All the riders I know out here are flakes. You would think if you owned a bike you would want to ride with other people but hey, maybe thats my personal opinion.

Anyways,

Thanks for the report. Good read.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:01 PM

BTW.... Saw the picks on your website that you took on the trip. Nice bikes! All of you.

Old 07-21-2005, 03:23 PM

Just in case others want to take a look at the pictures.
http://www.craftcs.net/gallery/Photo...%20Bike%20Trip

Old 07-22-2005, 09:57 AM

shoulda posted up that you were coming here...

Woulda met u half way lol, and rode with you guys while you were here ... Need some new riders to go out with, since all my ex roomates are pussies, and dont know what riding is.

hit me up if you guys decide to take another trip .

~vegas~

Old 07-22-2005, 11:02 AM

ROFL! Story of my life too bro. What this site needs is a forum strictly for riders to find other local riders.