vandalism

Old 11-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vandalism

whats the worst thing you could think of when you wake up in the morning and go out to the carport to get ready to go on a nice long ride on the twisties. well it happened to me. get out to the car port and see my baby laying on her side with a slashed rear tire. i was at my moms house in GA. Even worse i didn't have full coverage. couldn't afford the 2400$ a year. but im kinda glad for that price of insurance i could pay for all the parts my self for the money im saveing with not haveing the full coverage. i got a report from the police department but that didn't help any. luckily it the only thing it damaged was the the rear fairing. i had just replaced the stock blinkers with short stalk blinkers so the front fairing didn't even get a scratch. so after 40$ on ebay and all the pain in the **** it was to change the fairing out i got her back togather. this sucks. but i think i was better off with cheaper insurance and paying for the parts my self. now she stays in the basement so i can shoot the bastard who comes in my house to mess with her.[:@]

Old 11-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Default RE: vandalism

Who'd you **** off dude!?

Bummer about the bike, but frame sliders would have helped

Old 11-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Retired Administrator

really, who'd you **** off. I'd hate to think of random tire slashing and bike tipping if they had to come all the way on to your property to get at your carport. I agree, one to two years of full coverage and you bought a new bike... plus, if you have to use the coverage, your rates go up.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Nasty little Basta**s glad there wasn`t to much damage.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: jwp6114

whats the worst thing you could think of when you wake up in the morning and go out to the carport to get ready to go on a nice long ride on the twisties. well it happened to me. get out to the car port and see my baby laying on her side with a slashed rear tire. i was at my moms house in GA. Even worse i didn't have full coverage. couldn't afford the 2400$ a year. but im kinda glad for that price of insurance i could pay for all the parts my self for the money im saveing with not haveing the full coverage. i got a report from the police department but that didn't help any. luckily it the only thing it damaged was the the rear fairing. i had just replaced the stock blinkers with short stalk blinkers so the front fairing didn't even get a scratch. so after 40$ on ebay and all the pain in the **** it was to change the fairing out i got her back togather. this sucks. but i think i was better off with cheaper insurance and paying for the parts my self. now she stays in the basement so i can shoot the bastard who comes in my house to mess with her.[:@]
hey man - i hear ya ... but at least you did alright eventually
back in 02, i parked my bike @ 8 pm - went home for dinner - came back @ 8:20 pm ... the bike wasn't there

OBVIOUSLY i don't eat fast enough ! ;-)

this was the 2nd bike that was stolen from me so i did toy with the idea of buying a gun and a 3rd bike and sleeping in my car just to be able to shoot the ****'in thieves

Old 11-14-2005, 06:15 AM

that **** sucks...

but glad it wasnt missing

anyways, full coverage doesnt do **** for stuff like that, cause it makes your rates go up on lil things like that...

but what it does cover that you dont save money on is if it comes up missing, or if you so happen (god forbid) that an accident occurs that even if its your fault, or their fault and your bike gets totalled.... my bike was payed of the same wk of my accident, and i owe nothing on a brand new bike... cause of full coverage, if i didnt have it id be stuck in the shoes you may be in if it were to happen.

think about it... the average rider keeps their bike under 2 yrs... you save 2000 $ per yr = 4000$, and if you wreck it or it gets stolen within the 1st yr, then you just lost 8g's trying to save 2 for that yr... 2400$ isnt a bad quote... i know ppl paying almost 400$ a month on liability here in vegas... and i was quoted 600+ from progressive and gieco for just liability... but I ended up getting hooked up pretty fat! 52$ a mnth for full coverage and life and di.... **** sure helped me out!

anyways..
hope this doesnt happen again... glad ur ok, and the bike.. f*ckin ppl are aholes

Old 11-15-2005, 01:35 AM

Man, that does suck! Got any idea who might do that to ya?

Old 11-15-2005, 03:44 PM

if you find the guy who did it, i'd be happy to help administer some stern but fair justice.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 PM

Damn. If I did find the person that did that I would kick the hell out of them. Sucks that you would have had to pay so much for insurance. I think sportbike insurance is just outrageous.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:59 PM

One thing that is nice about having full coverage is that you have Comprehensive. This is a nice feature that most people do not take advantage of enough. Comprehensive in most states covers any damage done to a bike when another vihicle is not involved and it does not raise your insurance premiums. I had someone tip my bike over and cause over $1200 worth of damage and my insurance paid and my raites did not go up. Normally you can just add Comp but on most bikes its still cost a pretty penny, but if you use it, its worth it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vandalism