CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Two Brothers Or Yoshi?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/two-brothers-yoshi-107522/)

LB_SpecV 03-20-2010 09:23 PM

Two Brothers Or Yoshi??

2009 RR, I was thinking yoshi, but I know two brothers is great on these bikes. Im sure i cant go wrong regardless, but I'd like some outside opinions,

Thanks

crazywh1teboy 03-21-2010 10:02 AM

depends on what sound u want really.. the two brothers is deeper and throatier... the yosh is more dirt bike sounding if u ask me.. higher pitch

snakerb 03-21-2010 11:21 AM

I've been trying to figure out the same thing.

Yoshi; more affordable (to me at least), looks good and still sounds good IMO.

Two Bros; it's not as common as Yoshi, it sounds better IMO, american made and still a descent price. Only thing I don't like is how far it sdticks out past the tail.

I'm interested into everyone's take on this

Nex 03-21-2010 11:30 AM

I've got a Yoshi Rs-3 Carbon on right now (came with it when I bought it), and I think it sounds Okay. I would not go so far as to say it's comparable with a dirtbike, but I think the Two Bros does sound a little deeper, growlier.

dmayer 03-21-2010 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by snakerb (Post 895652)

Two Bros; it's not as common as Yoshi, it sounds better IMO, american made and still a descent price. Only thing I don't like is how far it sdticks out past the tail.

I'm in the same boat as you man. i just got an 09 600. the two bros looks pretty dumb sticking out the back so far. the yoshis look better imo. i never heard the two pipes in person just on youtube and the yoshis sound better i think, but i know video cameras dont do the exhausts justice compared to hearing them in person.

Stay2ned 03-25-2010 12:04 PM

I have the full Yoshi RS-5 and I think it sounds great. It has a deep tone down low in the RPM's then screams up top. I have heard the two brothers and it also sounds great, but I can't get past how badly it looks IMO. Hope this helps. Check out my youtube videos if you wanna hear mine. Search "Stay2ned1"

Junior2552 03-25-2010 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by snakerb (Post 895652)

Snake, you can cut the exhaust pipe to help the slip-on sit farther down in the "well". It takes a little welding, but I've done it to a few bikes.

platnumbob 03-25-2010 12:39 PM

Blond or Brunette? - I do think the dirt bike sound is pretty accurate for the yosh tho.

Tyler947 03-25-2010 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love my two bros pipe. It is a little loud on the highway, and sometimes I think I should wear ear plugs, but it is a distinct sound, and sounds a lot more ballsy than my Yosh RS-3 I had on my F4i.

Some more pics here at this public link --> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=310e9f2136

johnnyx 04-05-2010 01:26 PM

I really love the Yosh look on the undertails; gives it that rocket-booster look. Has a really great "Nascar" whine around 7-8k, too.

2Bros is gonna be less visible, and looks more like something homemade that you welded on yourself. Some people really liek that street fighter look, though. It also has more more of a deeper tone, and is louder overall than the Yosh. You're gonna want to throw your ipod on if you take it on the highway.

So, there. figure out which of those two scenarios you want, and do it.