Try this mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Try this mod

yo mang...let's see the stats on loud pipes saving lives...
it's heavily skewed with all types of statistical errors...and at best just correlated, which is bad for stats...
personally, i've tried it all...loud pipes, bright colors, etc...they don't see us...until we're right next to them, etc...

Old 03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FordFrenzy97

I don't understand the middle pipe is also the exit pipe. How does that work?
Because instead of going through both baffles and pipes it just exits out the main pipe from the header and out the tip of the exhaust.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: josho66

Now if you could just figure out how to make the stock exhaust look better.
Are you for real! Just my opinion, but I don't think there is an exhaust on the market that comes close to looking or fitting as good as the stock exhaust, I just wish the stock pipe sounded better/louder.
I Highly agree with this, that's why when i am ready to buy an exhaust i am leaning towards Micron, not only because i have heard one but also because it's damn near (if not already there) dead on with stock look/fit.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

yo mang...let's see the stats on loud pipes saving lives...
it's heavily skewed with all types of statistical errors...and at best just correlated, which is bad for stats...
personally, i've tried it all...loud pipes, bright colors, etc...they don't see us...until we're right next to them, etc...

+1 I don't believe the hype about loud pipes save lives either. My bud has a Harley with straight pipes and that MF'er is LOUD... but me driving my cage down the interstate in front of him, I couldn't hear him until he was right next to me. I was shocked when I saw who it was. I had my windows up and the stereo on, but not blaring (after all, I am an Old Fat Guy). When I turned of the stereo, I could hear him pretty good then --- but how many people drive around in total silence with no music?

My opinion and experience, for what it's worth.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:26 PM

I just have a few questions ..

1. After you cut along the weld, and pull the top off, the pipe that needs to be cut out is exposed at the top, but how do you reach the bottom area to cut it off ?

2. where exactlydoes the large chamber start and end ?( the area that the exhaust flow circles back down just beforeentering the mainexit pipe)in your drawling it show the bottom at around mid pipe, but where it the top, right after the weld seam? I wouldnt want to cut it.

3. And will this work for the F4i exhaust ?

Thanx, i just dont wanna screw it up.