TOP THINGS You Like About Your 600RR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOP THINGS You Like About Your 600RR?

Just wondering what it is that drew you to the CBR 600RR?

And, what you like most about it now that you're riding it?

If anyone wants...also what you like LEAST about it?

Thanks!!!!! Ought to be interesting to read............

Old 02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: TOP THINGS You Like About Your 600RR?

Good thread.

I like the looks and feel best. The bike fits me better than others I sat on.

The ride position is aggressive, but can be comfortable if you do it right.

Mods out the a$$ for it.

I can't open it up, so there's no real need for a liter bike (1000RR) so I have cheaper insurance.

I love the undertail exhaust and can never go back to anything else.

History, my family has always rode Hondas and they really are tanks.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 AM

I remember in High school some friends of mine had CBR's and I always wanted one. I feel in love with the look of the RR when I went looking. I also agree with Don on the undertail exhaust. It is great and would never have anything different.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First my original plan, as I have mentioned in many posts before, was to buy a 600 and ride it for at least a year before buying what I really wanted, the 1000RR, then give the 600 to my wife. We both agreed to this plan so we went looking. It worked out that we both liked the looks of the CBR the best and I like the performance best compared to all the Japanese 600's. I did a lot of reading and it kept getting the best reviews for "best all a round" bike. What made up my mind was when I kept reading comments like "most forgiving" when it came to handling. That sounded great to me since I knew that I was getting back into street riding and that my wife would some day ride at least a few times each week. (I can only imagine how many people went to the 636 when they read how wicked fast it is and how it will bite if you don't know what you’re doing thinking, "Yea, that sounds cool".) I started to read up on all the 600's in early 04 while I was on a deployment to Kosovo. I kept reading how the 04 600RR was a great bike but heavy and underpowered compared to the other 600's in its class. I was hoping that Honda would improve 600RR in 05 and when I learned what they changed and how it improved my mind was made up.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:35 PM

the looks is what did it for me, the overall design of the bike is perfect for my taste.

my RR feels like a race bike already, nice forward stance

for some reason i love the front reservoir its nice and compact, i dont like the ones that look like bottles and the gauge is beautiful.

overall... the bike is the best looking one on the market, the 600s and the 1000s

===========================

the only thing i dont like about the bike, is how hard the seat is. on long rides it kind of hurts.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:59 PM

To be perfectly honest, I am COMPLETELY in love with the tribal design on mine. (I AM a girl after all...lol) And it's a Honda! Previous experience with cars tells me they make a quality product, NEVER had a problem with any Honda I've owned.

As a brand new rider, I really didn't know what in particular I should be looking for. When I first started looking, I had a private deal lined up for a 636, but it fell through. I had read an article on the 600RR in Cycle World mag, and I too was intrigued by the 'most forgiving' reviews. I wasn't willing to get myself stuck in a loan for a bike I thought I might outgrow, since I had to finance, but everything I read said that if a beginner has to start on a 600, this would be the best choice.

My deal on the 636 fell through the day I got my license, so here I was, cranky and dissapointed, wandering bike shops, wondering what to do now. I did sit on a gixxer and an R6, didn't like either one of them, not comfy, and too big. Felt like a stretch even to reach handle bars, not to mention I personally think the '05 R6 is fugly! Then went to the Honda dealer (it just worked out that way-logistics wise) and they told me there was a Tribal in the warehouse that some guy just backed out on. (This was middle of June, and they were sold out by March here) So I went and sat on it, loved it, signed papers, took it home the next day.

Haven't spent much time riding other bikes, but I love mine just the same. Just feels right, and the riding position works well for me. As for the long distances, I actually did okay. Did a couple of all day rides this summer, and the only thing that was sore was my throttle hand. I've waitressed part time for 7 years, so that wrist is pretty weak to begin with. Gonna fix that with one of those rocker things.

My one complaint (okay maybe two) to this point is the seat height. I'm only 5'3", and can barely tip-toe. I'm also not crazy about the fact that it seems to be one of the only ones that needs to have fairings cut in order to install sliders. Talk about stress....Lol.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:59 PM

For me i'd have to say EVERYTHING.... The look is alot sharper than the rest of the 600's. The undertail exhaust really gives the bike a faster look to it. Also the handling of the bike is great. It is so easy to turn. Also the fact that is beats all other real 600 bike's. If you look in magazines they are always putting the 600rr up against the ducati 999 and the gsx-r 1000 as far as overall best bike, so that should tell you that this is one of the best 600's. I also enjoy the looks you get from people with other bikes. If you look st the bike from the side it almost looks like it is ready to charge at you. It has that almost arrow type look.... Overall A++++ for me...

Old 02-08-2006, 06:24 PM

I'd have to say the things that attracted me to the 600 rr I bought were

1. aggressive riding position
2. body style
3. undertail exhaust
4. power
5. amount of aftermarket parts available

Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM

I love my Bike but miss my Trunk undertail is hot but I really do miss having a trunk currently I have my power commander and speedo healer back there so I can't even bring my owners manuel and I want to put a alarm on it so looks like I am going to have to hid it in the fairing somewhere that's my only real complaint about the bike the way it handles is incredible and after I changed the sprockets and playd with some other parts I love the power delivery anyway awesome bike I wouldn't trade it for any other 600 :-)

Old 02-09-2006, 12:43 AM

1. love the way it looks
2. love the way it feels
3. love the way it handles
4. love the undertail exhaust
5. love the way it looks... oh, did i already say that?

Quick Reply: TOP THINGS You Like About Your 600RR?