Tickets suck @$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tickets suck @$$

Don't take a lawer to court with you. I'm not saying don't talk to one just don't take him-her to court with you. If the judge thinks you can afford an attorney hill give you the max fine. Dress nice and professional remember to greet the judge with yes your honor sir. I have had more tickets thrown out or reduced due to the fact I went before the judge. Try and use the new bike, didn't realize I was going that fast routine. Good luck. P.S Mom works for a good law firm.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: rubberband man

Yeah i agree, I am not the one to hit over 100 all the time. But you know there are just sometimes you get the urge... But thats what i plan on doin'. Just get it taken care of and deal with it...
i totally understand the urge. we all ride bikes that will break any speed limit without leaving first gear. and speed limits are set for cars. cars that top out at 120 and get unstable above 90. so 150 on a bike (to me) is safer than pushing my chevy 4x4 to 100. unfortuanately the speed limits are set for everyone and every vehicle. sorry if my original post sounded like a preacher's sermon but i have found my god. and it's name is "trackday" and it doesn't care how fast you go.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 PM

My buddy blew past a CHP doing 100, and thought about out running him. He got up to 160 and changed his mind when the cop thew on the lights. The cop was cool and only nailed him for 99. He paid 480 for the ticket in Calif. Funny thing though. The cop said, "you should have kept going I would have never caught you. I am on a govenor at 105." HA!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 AM

usually in vegas when i get tickets from speeding, you work the system.. go to the courthouse on the "date" shown, and take not guilty.. then you get a second date to appear or some sh*t, go then - you apppear infront of a judge *without* the officer that pulled you over there.. you tell the story, you can say guilty or not guilty at this point.. if you go guilty, they pretty much make the ticket to a "moving violation" and usually like $50, and your insurance doesnt really do much about it.. but if you say "not guilty" you go for a 3rd date, and this is where you go infront of the officer and the judge, you tell your story - he tells his, pretty much the judges always picks the cops side.. it's a "moving violation" and usually $25-50...

it's not like i been to court alot, it's just these damn cops keep catching me at the wrong time.. haha

(today vegas had about 30 cops working the streets.. i saw at least a cop every 10 minutes driving.. WHICH IS RARE)..

Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: techdog

My buddy blew past a CHP doing 100, and thought about out running him. He got up to 160 and changed his mind when the cop thew on the lights. The cop was cool and only nailed him for 99. He paid 480 for the ticket in Calif. Funny thing though. The cop said, "you should have kept going I would have never caught you. I am on a govenor at 105." HA!
usually local cops dont chase bikers if they suddenly run.. only if they found a warrent before they threw on the lights.. i also had to take a couple of "driving classes" to reduce some of my tickets, and they were taught by some cool cops (actually i'm pretty good friends with them now), and they said local cops in Vegas will not even chase a biker, too dangerous and not even worth it if they are just speeding..

but cali is a different story and highway patrol is nothing to F around with..

good luck with the ticket process man

Old 02-05-2006, 09:09 PM

That's pretty nice of Cali cause in Oklahoma if you get caught doing 160, you are going to jail son and your bike is getting impounded and then you gotta pay to get it out, and it aint cheap. I had a turbo civic and I got caught doing 101 in a 50 and I got f*)%@d with no vaseline. My fines were outrageous and i lost my license for 6 months, had to take safety courses and all of that ****. It may be less strict in Cali cause it's more cultered, but these rednecks cops out here are not trying to hear it if you don't drive a Ford truck. i'm glad cali is cool b/c i'm moving there in the next few months!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:30 PM

cali is the worst state with laws.. i dont know from first-hand, but i heard they are strict as hell.. but Oklahoma could be a bad place too, but if i had to pick.. cali is worse =)

Old 02-05-2006, 11:40 PM

I hope that cop isnt on this forum :P

Old 02-06-2006, 12:09 AM

Your right there was nothing you could have said the proof was in the pudding (IE radar screen) how can you argue with that.

You don't need a lawyer, you were cited for a infraction not a misdemeanor. Let me guess your violation was CVC 22348(b) if so it is an infraction if you go 23103 CVC then it is a misdemeanor. But I am guessing since you still have your bike you got the infraction.

Original: Respol1
Try and use the new bike, didn't realize I was going that fast routine.
Are you serious? How can any excuse be acceptable for being clocked at 140 mph? How in the heck do you not know how fast you are going when you are doing 160 mph?
original:Vermino
go to the courthouse on the "date" shown, and take not guilty.. then you get a second date to appear or some sh*t, go then - you appear in front of a judge *without* the officer that pulled you over there.. you tell the story, you can say guilty or not guilty at this point.. if you go guilty, they pretty much make the ticket to a "moving violation" and usually like $50, and your insurance doesn't really do much about it.. but if you say "not guilty" you go for a 3rd date, and this is where you go in front of the officer and the judge, you tell your story - he tells his, pretty much the judges always picks the cops side.. it's a "moving violation" and usually $25-50...
Not really....in California you will go to court and give your plea, guilty or not guilty. If you give a not guilty plea then you will get another court date. On that date you will appear in front of the judge along with the officer. The officer will give his testimony you will then give yours. The judge will also give you the chance to ask the officer any questions pertinent to the case. If you are found guilty then a fine will be imposed by the judge. At the end of the proceedings as the judge for mercy, no don't get on your knees, but tell him you are sorry. You realized what you did was stupid and have learned from this process. Don't go to court and give a guilty plea expecting to be able to give your side of the story it won't happen. Just because you are giving a no guilt plea doesn't mean you are saying you didn't do it.
Original:Nine2nine
so 150 on a bike (to me) is safer than pushing my chevy 4x4 to 100.
Your kidding right? You are surrounded my metal in your truck and there is a greater chance you will survive the crash. You crash or fall off at 150mph it WILL be a closed casket at your funeral.
original:Vermino
cali is the worst state with laws.. i dont know from first-hand
Huh? Laws can be enforced in two ways, Letter of the law or Spirit of the law. This depends on the officer who is enforcing the law. In this case since the officer clocked him at 140mph and cited him for that he used Letter of the law. By not arresting him or impounding his bike the officer used Spirit of the law.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:23 AM

Dude, get a lawyer unless you want your insurance on your car (and your bike if you have insurance on it) to go way up. I was going 125 in a 60 when i saw a cop and slowed down and he clocked me at 107. $388 without reckless driving or negligent. I got a lawyer and got the ticket removed. There are loop holes around the law. The max you are going to pay si what the fine was on the ticket or what they tell you. The judge isn't going to make you pay the max fine if you come with a lawyer, and usually lawyers will get you out of the ticket. There were a couple of ways i got out of my ticket. First was failure of discovery, (my lawyers requested paperwork from the officer and didn't recieve anything in the specified amount of time), and 2nd the officer didn't turn in the ticket within 2 days which he is required to in Washington law. You could also get away if the radar gun hasn't been caliberated within the specified amount of time. I don't know California law but get a lawyer and if he's good he'll get you out on failure of discovery.

Quick Reply: Tickets suck @$$