Thumbs down to Honda

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs down to Honda

WTF is with the seat on the 600rr.....I know it is a race inspired model and all, but I should be able to ride the bike for more than 100 miles without my *** getting sore....The seat feels like plastic.....Over all impression is that it is a GREAT bike though....Just don't like the seat....And another quick question...Is aftermarket exhaust a lot more expensive with the tail exit exhaust like that?

Old 10-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Default RE: Thumbs down to Honda

Look into a Corbin aftermarket seat. It will be the best money you spend.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:24 PM

it's not just the RR.

i believe the seat on my F4i is the same seat. yes, it's about as comfortable as sitting on the curb.

Old 10-26-2004, 05:06 PM

How much is this seat?

Old 10-27-2004, 01:03 AM

i have a 600rr and i haven't noticed it being too uncomfortable. granted i haven't been on it for more than maybe 30-40 min at any given time, but my *** wasn't sore at all. to be honest, my hands were more sore than my ***. it seems that the position it places me in makes me put some weight on my hands. anyway, corbin seats are suppose to be very nice, so you could check them out.

Old 10-29-2004, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RTmotive

i have a 600rr and i haven't noticed it being too uncomfortable. granted i haven't been on it for more than maybe 30-40 min at any given time, but my *** wasn't sore at all. to be honest, my hands were more sore than my ***. it seems that the position it places me in makes me put some weight on my hands. anyway, corbin seats are suppose to be very nice, so you could check them out.

You might want to change the position of your arms. For example if you ride with your arms straight from your shoulders to handlebars with no bend at the elbow I can see how your hands hurt. Your hands are absorbing all of the pressure from your arms and upper body. Try putting a slight bend outwards in your elbows like a full one piece leather feels similar to the enclosed picture. Try it when you ride and post again if it helps or not.

QuiK

[IMG]local://upfiles/27/5DF9D97DF46C4C998817555FDEF8FE1E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-30-2004, 07:17 PM

ok, i'll have to give that a try. i'll more than likely be riding tomorrow afternoon, so i'll definitely keep it in mind. so basically i need to bend my elbows slightly, and that will require me to use my back for some support, correct? thanks for your help man, and i'll certainly let you know the outcome.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:45 PM

He is totally right. Try bending your elbows more. Hold onto the tank with your legs. Lightly grab the handle bars. I guarantee you are squeezing the bars and holding on for dear life. Ease up on the grip and use your legs/stomach/back to hold you onto the bike more. As you ride more, you will also get more used to the riding position. You will find all your aches and pains will loosen up over time.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:19 AM

thanks for the tip man. i actually should've clarified my situation a little more. i'm not really putting all my weight on my hands. the ache i'm talking about is more on my right hand, and i think that is because i'm holding the throttle at a constant position as i ride down the road. i don't really recall my left hand hurting much at all, it's mostly my right. but once i let go of the throttle(lets say at a red light), it's ok. anyway, i think i mis-informed you guys a little bit, but i am making a conscious effort to try your suggestions. like i said, i think i'm riding at a decent position, it's just that muslce on the palm of your hand that is connected to your thumb hurts after a while. any suggestions?

Old 11-06-2004, 06:18 PM

I Know exactly how you feel...I had the same problem and learned that if you ride for a bit and lean forward enough to lower your elbow below the level of your wrist the blood will have a chance to drain back into your elbow instead. Your wrist is twisting the throttle and therfore the blood is rushing into your hand and because you arm is in a down position the hand is filling up with blood and going numb. I have done this for years. I rode my FZR600 across the U.S. 3 times in 9 months...so lay on your tank just enough to lower your elbow..give it a few minutes and you will get sensation back in your fingers/hand.
TRUST ME!! IT WORKS AWESOME!!

Quick Reply: Thumbs down to Honda