Third ride... me again

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third ride... me again

First... I know most of u said to take class but I am…soon. So don’t say it again... please it’s getting annoying. Second for people who care…

Ok I just went for a short ride 30 min or so. My top speed was 30 mph (I don’t care about speed I am practicing)
Things I learn
-shifting smoothly
-braking with both brakes evenly
-got better at u-turns.
-control the throttle better. Like being smooth.

Again traffic was like car 1 car every 5 min. 2 lanes; vary lonely streets (straight).

It was fun and vary meaning full experience because of what I learn. I also learned to use the weight of the bike. It’s sort of wired but it feels “right” what ever that means. Like smooth constant speed turns. Also I was a little scared. I look out for cars of people a lot. Is that weird that I do??? I think I am just trying to be extra cautious. Its 11 am right now and I am ganna rest up so I can ride tomorrow. I am taking it nice and slow.

The only bad things
-it’s really hot in leathers + bike + hot outside = me 
-I reek of leather.(new leather smell)

U guyz have a good day. And be careful, u never now what is ganna happen.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Default RE: Third ride... me again

CAREFUL WITH the rear brake it can get you in trouble.......if it locks you can either keep it locked or GENTALY let off

Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i say skip the rear brake until later...

Old 10-03-2006, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

So don’t say it again... please it’s getting annoying.
Sorry to say this dude, but so is hearing about every single one of your mundane "nice-and-slow" rides. Seriously, you should just set up a blog if you want to write about your daily attempts at not getting killed on two wheels...that could even be your title.

Again traffic was like car 1 car every 5 min. 2 lanes; vary lonely streets (straight).
Sounds like an ad for a street dating service, just missing gender and ethnic background. "Lonely Single
(straight) Black Asphalt Lane
: looking for curvy street that goes both ways to merge with. Willing to go downtown."

It was fun and vary meaning full experience because of what I learn. I also learned to use the weight of the bike. It’s sort of wired but it feels “right” what ever that means.
WTF!? Whatever that means is correct.

Also I was a little scared. I look out for cars of people a lot. Is that weird that I do??? I think I am just trying to be extra cautious.
Actually, you should be looking out for elephants and pigs with three feet. Oh yeah, and don't forget the Abdominal Snow Man

Old 10-03-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

So don’t say it again... please it’s getting annoying.
Sorry to say this dude, but so is hearing about every single one of your mundane "nice-and-slow" rides. Seriously, you should just set up a blog if you want to write about your daily attempts at not getting killed on two wheels...that could even be your title.

Sounds like an ad for a street dating service, just missing gender and ethnic background. "Lonely Single
(straight) Black Asphalt Lane
: looking for curvy street that goes both ways to merge with. Willing to go downtown."

It was fun and vary meaning full experience because of what I learn. I also learned to use the weight of the bike. It’s sort of wired but it feels “right” what ever that means.
WTF!? Whatever that means is correct.

Also I was a little scared. I look out for cars of people a lot. Is that weird that I do??? I think I am just trying to be extra cautious.
Actually, you should be looking out for elephants and pigs with three feet. Oh yeah, and don't forget the Abdominal Snow Man
ahhhgggg i said for ppl who care. u dont so dont post. thanks.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 PM

James, it's great that you're giving it the old college try, but you really don't want to fuq yourself up before the MSF course. if you do, you may not want to be on a bike again, or you'll be so shaky that you fail. I'm all for learning new things, but you didn't buy a learning bike. you need to be less afarid. this bike doesn't do scared very well. one little incorrect input can kill you. it's a very unforgiving bike and if you don't respect it, and demand respect in return, it will toss you like a rag doll in a doberman's mouth.

What's done is done, but i really wish you would have started on a more upright, less extreeme motorcycle like any of the big name standards like the EX500/650 or the GS500/SV650. They offer new undiciplined riders slack when it comes to mistakes that would toss up a wheel on the rr.

I suggest that you either put it away until you take the MSF course, or trade it for one of the above, though i doubt you will. this bike is not for you........yet.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Retired Administrator

You know... not everyone will take or can take a MSF course. All we can do is suggest it. I never would have taken it unless I was forced to by the military and they paid for it.

A lot of us learn the old school way and it still works. At least he's admitting that he is new and taking baby steps. Most try to act like they have been riding for years and end up meeting a tree.

If you can, take the MSF... if not do what James is doing and take the baby steps.

Blog all you likes James, you might get lucky and find a rider in your area that will work with you.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:10 PM

I'm all for people learning... and I have no problem with James blogging-a-way on here (it's kind of interesting).... but does anybody really believe he is real???? I mean come on.

He posted that he is 20 years old, 6 foot and 200 lbs... but yet it's 11am and he has to go take a nap after riding for 30 minutes because he is tired???? In his original post he said it was very tiring to ride from 1.3 miles on the odometer to 4???

This has got to be a some sort of joke. No way it's true.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Retired Administrator

Why would someone..... How could someone be that bored that they'd post up stories like this?

He does list his location as SD,CA and is using an IP address from ***-ATLANTA. Unless “IP-who is” is listing it wrong... how dare he lie to us.

Just kidding, I don't know if it's real or not... but time will tell.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:24 PM

Yah, obviously I dunno for sure one way or the other.

I just can't imagine a strapping 20 yr old getting wore out from riding less than 4 miles. I've been wrong before though.

Quick Reply: Third ride... me again