There goes the RR...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There goes the RR...

Only other accident was on the F2 by hitting a deer last summer. I bought the RR with less than 3500 miles on the engine that was laid down by the 1st owner, but in working condition. All the plastics was off since I was doing bondo work and repainting it. I just came back from the hospital and my right leg is fine, no broken or factured bones.

Hehe, yeah I was def stupid for not wearing gear. lesson learned, and as for the video, I thought it was funny. lol

Old 03-03-2006, 02:19 PM

Well there is an answer to all those people who say that they can't get the RR to pull a wheelie. Glad you're ok. Thinking more when I do my next wheelie.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:42 PM

Tough luck, glad you're ok. If I can't do a wheelie on a bicycle, I definately not trying in the bike.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:45 PM

Glad you are ok, but that's what you get for ****ing around, especially when you weren't smart enough to wear your gear.

I live in Atlanta, it gets hot here. I have a heavy Alpinestars TZ1 jacket with extra spine protection added, and when it is too hot for it, I have a Hein Gerick textile jacket with "steel-mesh" and padded joints. Not as protective as the leather gear, but much cooler and does offer decent protection.

And gloves and boots, always, even if I am goingt to the corner store.

You got lucky.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: SquireSCA

Glad you are ok, but that's what you get for ****ing around, especially when you weren't smart enough to wear your gear.

I live in Atlanta, it gets hot here. I have a heavy Alpinestars TZ1 jacket with extra spine protection added, and when it is too hot for it, I have a Hein Gerick textile jacket with "steel-mesh" and padded joints. Not as protective as the leather gear, but much cooler and does offer decent protection.

And gloves and boots, always, even if I am goingt to the corner store.

You got lucky.
What he said.....the flow through gear ROCKS!!

glad you are ok and THANKS for the post...reminds us all to wear gear...I ALMOST considered not wearing my jacket today...ALMOST...still glvoes and helmet...did anyway

thanks bro

Old 03-03-2006, 07:20 PM

Damn, that is the ****s. Sorry to see that. I am not going to be on a soap box here but this is the reason I don't do things like that on my bike. I don't want to trash my bike or myself. To each is own, atleast wear some gear to protect your self. Be safe.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:56 PM

Well, this sort of thing is fairly common in any group that gives themselves a name with "boyz" in it.

I see that, and I just wait for the crash. Same thing with the kids that watch the fast and the furious and then go out and trash their ricer econoboxes.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:19 AM

Definitley a stunt bike now.... On a positive note I'm glad to see you on a side road practicing with no traffic. Be safe.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:43 PM

You know what works good under leathers.

I wear that Underarmour Material Clothing, usually used for the gym and stuff.

I have a set of boxer briefs and a tank top and a few shirts made of this material.

Sweat doesn't stick to you, and you stay at a nice normal temperature.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: josho66

Damn, that is the ****s. Sorry to see that. I am not going to be on a soap box here but this is the reason I don't do things like that on my bike. I don't want to trash my bike or myself. To each is own, atleast wear some gear to protect your self. Be safe.

Thats some good advice. Glad your not hurt. it doesn't pay to squid out!!