Technique Question: Hard Braking

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Technique Question: Hard Braking

cool man, I'm in Meridian Mississippi its like 2.5 hours directly west from Birmingham on 20/59. I haven't been to little tally yet but I'm definitely planning to before they redo it

yeah anytime, there is a WERA race this weekend, Sportbiketracktime has it for the next weekend, then NESBA. You can get in any of those weekends and hang out all you want the people at trackdays are awesome

Old 05-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Cool!! What's it cost to get in & hang around during other events typically? Or hang out during track days & watch?

Old 05-05-2006, 06:22 PM

not sure about WERA probably have to buy a ticket at the gate, STT $5, NESBA free

Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 PM

Stopping quickly is the first thing that each rider should become most familiar with on their bike. Practicing stopping is easy, considering that you need to stop every time you ride.

I've made it a habit to make sure I stop at EVERY yellow light I get, as long as I'm comfortable that I'm not going to get plowed from behind. It's amazing how quickly these bikes can stop when you need them to.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

but I'm not planning on becoming a track junkie on my bike -- just my Vette.
Ohhhh, but you got to get your bike to the track just once or you'll never know how thrilling it is to run one of these amazing machines the way they were meant to be run! Think it's fun in a cage...get out of that easy chair you have in that Vette and give it a go...you'll wonder how you've been dead for so long.

Bike over cage any day of the week!!!

Old 05-06-2006, 12:30 AM

Quit tempting me Freless!!!!! I'm having too good a time as it is, much less if I go on track!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2006, 02:02 PM

When ever I get a new bike I go on the service road where I live and after the pads seat I see what it can do. Late at night no traffic and the hope of no animals. I will give myself mental markers on the side of the road ie... lamp post to lamp post or sign to hydrant whatever and test myself to see how well I can brake front only, down shift w/ front, front and rear, and down shift front and rear. Each time I "ll get quiker qnd quicker w/ my decels. Haven't tried it in the rain w/ my 06 yet it's still gets cold when it's wet out and don't feel like getting sick or throwing it away yet. I'm still waiting for my radial master to come in to really see how well the whole set up I've concoketed treats me.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:13 AM

13 ~ Exactly what I'm planning to do. I'm going to start very slowly at a selected open parking lot area with no traffic. I'll pick out some braking markers & go to work experimenting. Build it up slowly over time.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:49 PM

Trackdays.....

the only thing i can tell you is just ride more, you'll get used to it. use both brakes and remember to downshift.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: kiggy74
I've made it a habit to make sure I stop at EVERY yellow light I get, as long as I'm comfortable that I'm not going to get plowed from behind. It's amazing how quickly these bikes can stop when you need them to.
I know what you mean with the lights, I usually look to go through them for i don't want to get plowed.
Things i look for if i am going to shoot it....
1)Are the cars coming from the right and left stopped***
2)Is the car behind me slowing up...
3)COPS?
4)will i make it
5)can i safely stop or is it safer to go through.

****Important one, making sure the other cars are stopped at the line is a huge one for me, cause if it's one of those people doing 40-50mph coming to the light and they get the green on the run and your in the intersection..GAME OVER

Quick Reply: Technique Question: Hard Braking