+ tax, license, and fee's

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: + tax, license, and fee's

The dealer here in town (Las Cruces, NM) tries to take down all my information and run my credit everytime I ask them for an OTD price. I tell them they don't need that information. They say they do. Once they cross the BS line, I drop the bombshell and tell them..........

"It doesn't make any difference if you run my credit or not. Do you run credit for people paying cash? Credit has nothing to do with the actual cost of the bike, only the financing for it, which I'm not asking you to do. All I want is the OTD price of this motorcycle which only requires use of this" *then I hand them a pocket calculator* "So either quit wasting my time and give me some numbers, or I'll find me another dealer that will."

If you say this is a semi-polite manner, they'll get the hint that the gig is up, and they should be straightforward with you. If the continue to dick around, walk out, simple as that.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rememeber the closer the bike gets to the new year the cheaper they become
i bought my 07 back in may and then 9K OTD was considered good

Old 12-16-2007, 09:54 AM

Thanks for the info! I think im going to go to a dealer here in a couple hours and sit on the bike and see if they want to start talking numbers.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:12 AM

Martin, I don't know where you live, but another option is to find a volume dealer that works more like an outlet center. For example, Southern Powersports in Chattanooga, TN does't screw around with dealer prep fees, and only marks the bikes up about $150-200 over their cost. They are by far the cheapest Honda dealer in the US, but don't expect much in the way of frills or customer service.If you're experience is like mine was, you'll stand around and wait just to pay, and the facility wasn't that great. But I didn't care, they weren't going to be my dealer of reference, they just sold me the bike. I drove 8 hrs ea. way from Columbus, OH to buy from them and still saved about $2000 on the deal over local dealers.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:03 PM

I am disgusted with dealers right now! Just got back from one, and after waiting forever for them to finally start shooting prices with me, they want to give me rediculous numbers. I should have known to walk out when his first offer was 10,200$ , Then he busted out his calculator, and paper and got to a whopping 10,107. So finally he goes to his little office with the managers or whatever, and brings it out with a 9,450 price tag. To make this whole long story short told him i was going to another dealership, and I was pretty much shown the front door.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:41 PM

The tag price in TX was 9500 for my 07 600rr, I asked how much wiggle room there was, and I got laughed at. The nice thing is, that's all I paid. I'm in the military, so I didn't register it in TX, I registered it in my Home of Record which is WA. So all I paid them was 65 bucks for tags and a plate. NO TAX, NO TITLE fee, nothing but a plate. It was awesome.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:01 PM

Dealers are only good for brand new bikes other wise Craigslist.com

Old 12-16-2007, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: willklee

freaking a', i guess different states makes a big difference. i just happen to be arms reach of my original invoice, so thought i'd check it out.

in 2004, i got a 2004 honda cbr600rr from Monterey, CA (Monterey has a pretty high cost of living):

sale price: 7,913
doc fees: 45
feight & setup: 495
SUBtotal: 8,453

sales tax: 612
lic & title: 107
CA tire recycling fee: 2

GRAND total: a whopping $9,175

you know what, i think i got ripped. i didn't even get a discount on a helmet, serviceor anything. absolutely no other gear. i feel like going back and buring that place down, those bastards.
The local Honda dealer here is just like that as well. Jerks.[:@]

Just don't buy anything from them...even if you have to drive 50 miles to another city.

That's what I do every chance I get.

I feel ya man.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Yea, I went to a Ride Now shop just now. They had a pretty sick looking 06' 600rr. It is black with 8500 miles on her. Has a power commander, jardine exhaust, FE Kit, frame sliders, front blinkers, and looked like a possible smoked out windshield. I talked down to 7500 at best. Still seems high to me, but maybe its normal? Could you help? That is also without any gear thrown in at all. I was working on that, but they didnt seem to do that with the 7500 dollar amount. Or maybe it was 7700, I cant recall, too many numbers spitting out. What do ya guys think?

Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ That seems very high for 8500 miles. My roommate bought his orange 06 600RR for $6500 and it only had 1900 miles on it........and it was back in June.

Quick Reply: + tax, license, and fee's