Survived an Accident the first day

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Survived an Accident the first day

man its cool ur ok.

i always use breaks when i am slowing, at least tap them while i pull in clutch so people can see i am slowing down

Old 10-08-2006, 11:59 AM

Glad you're okay, and really glad it didn't deter you from getting right back on another one..
cheers and beers..

Old 10-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mrjasey

i always use breaks when i am slowing, at least tap them while i pull in clutch so people can see i am slowing down
That's a very good point - you can slow yourself with engine braking, but you need to be on the brakes so the guy behind you sees you're slowing. I downshift and use the brakes. And I always have two fingers covering the brake. In NYC where I live and ride, there's so many crazy drivers, and debris, and potholes, that you do not let your guard down for a second.

It seems like you did the right things - full gear, riding with a buddy - and you still got hit, which only shows that there are a lot of hazards out there.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Man, that sucks. Good thing you're ok. Sucks about the bike. There are people out there that just do as they please and don't care about anyone else but themselves. Good luck w/ the new one and take it slow for a while.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:35 PM

Yeah guys My friends were worried that I might be scared to get on the new one but am doing well I guess...

Some of the people I know have been riding for like few years only but scared ****less when they saw the scene of my accident and i showed em where my bike ended up after getting hit and all....

Well im glad im alive and dint lose a leg or anything or whatever...

But other than that Riding is really really fun its awesome guys...I wish I can do Riding and Skiiing for rest of my life I dont need anything...lol i got a nice grl already so yep perfect...

Thanx to all of you for your concerns and good wishes ...Imma nail that f er who hit me...SERIOUSLY...i ll let you guys know what happened...

Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 1khiladi RR

Thanx to all of you for your concerns and good wishes ...Imma nail that f er who hit me...SERIOUSLY...i ll let you guys know what happened...

Is the court date for this month on the 14th or november? What kind of charges are they giving him? In any case, hope he gets the book thrown at him for puling that **** and driving off. Did he have insurance or was he drunk or anything that you know of?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:58 PM

For now I am not Sure but the Date is November 13th

The person couldnt get out on bail because i think its worth 250 000

and my lawyer said that most likely 3 years and then 600 hours of community work and that way he can pay for damages on the light pole and the street cleaning cost and everything.

something like that but hey guys i m so swamped with stuff...my brother is taking care of everything cbz hez really pissed about what happened and i ll find out more in detail and write another run on essay for you guys

B bak after my tests are over...

Later

Old 10-10-2006, 01:25 AM

Man I really want to hear how this goes down. Be sure to do a write up on what happens when you see him face to face.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:25 AM

PICTURES?? can u do that in a court room probabaly not but it would be great to see the look on his face gettin sURVed

Old 10-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should create a new category on this Forum...."Thread of SHAME!". Then we can post that douchebags picture for all to see and bash on! That's not even close to what he deserves. Good luck in court man, glad to hear that you actually found him. MAKE HIM PAY!!

Quick Reply: Survived an Accident the first day