stoppie damage, continued

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: stoppie damage, continued

ORIGINAL: Bravo Four

can someone explain to me why a stoppie is bad for the bike, just so I know the effects. Thank you.
Name:  OhSnap.jpg
Views: 2518
Size:  51.7 KB
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At maximum braking you are compressing the suspension. when you go overboard an do a stoppie, you are transfering the load on the front suspension to an angle that the suspension was never designed to work on. Therefore you are forcing it and damaging it. Also, the landing on the rear is a huge bump on the rear suspension, and the jolt travels throughout the whole bike loosening parts all over the place.

Hell, stunting in general is really hard on the bike... that's why most stunt bikes look like crap, and don't last very long before needing to be replaced/ major repairs.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

ORIGINAL: Bravo Four

can someone explain to me why a stoppie is bad for the bike, just so I know the effects. Thank you.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OH SNAP!

Good thing he wore his gear...

Old 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM

Haha wow thats insane. I think hes extremely lucky that didnt happen out on the road...

Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 PM

thats why kawasakis arent know for stunting machines...
but that shi is crazy.....

Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM

That doo-rag sure is going to help him out...what a douche....I'm imagining his thoughts prior to riding that day: "I have money to stunt-mod my bike and this awesome blue bandana, and even for gear. But if I'm wearing a helmet, I can't show off my rag...oh well, no gear it is. Cool is better than safe." WTF?! It's so sad to see people making such ignorant decisions...[:@]

Old 10-21-2007, 11:32 PM

i'm starting to see some of the effects yall are talking about - for one, i read up on the steering head bearings, and apparently they are plastic-caged ball bearings, so that would explain why they aren't that great at withstanding lateral loads. all ***** makes a tapered roller bearing kit which I imagine would strengthen and tighten the front end a lot. I am probably prematurely wearing my wheel bearings too, but if that ever becomes a problem, i think all ***** makes a kit for those as well. also, my rear shock is making a little squeaking noise, so it's very possible i've blown it or something. not a big deal - people part these bikes out all the time, and I can get a complete swingarm with shock for $150 (and hopefully i don't get another worn out one). i was going to see what it will take to upgrade to the 05+ inverted forks and radial mounted calipers. has anybody done that swap? and while i've got it apart, i'll add the all ***** steering bearings. i posted some new stoppie pictures on my myspage - this time, i'm wearing a jacket, so i can afford to be a tad more ballsy, and i was definitely getting up pretty high today. i've also since learned how to wheelie, so i've been practicing that. lotsa fun. yall should hit me up on myspace - www.myspace.com/redneck_truck ...and if anybody is mechanically inclined and knows what parts interchange between the 03-04 and the 05-06, i'd love your input. thanks!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM

and yet your still wearing shorts... just kidding man, but road rash is a bitch. how far are you rolling those stoppies?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM

yah stoppies do wear on your bike, but not so bad if done correctly. ive been stunting bikes for 5 years now and ive only ever blown fork seals on my first bike which was an r6 and attribute that to dropping wheelies real hard and it wasnt untill almost 30k miles anyway. to whoever said it will mess up your rear shock, i dont believe thats true, i myself have never damaged a rear shock nor have i ever met anyone in 5 years that has blown one out. the squeeking noise that youre hearing is likely your subframe bolts loosening up which happens on all bikes when you stunt them, just tighten em back up and ur good. and whoever said kawasakis arent known for stuntbikes must not know much about stunting because the 636 is the number 2 most popular stuntbike next to the f4i. oh and that dude that broke his forks in the pic, that happend cuz the 03/04 636's come with ****ty kyb forks and everyone is having problems with those forks, most ppl that have the 03/04 model are swapping out the forks from the 05/06 cuz theyre made by showa and arent breaking like the ****ty kybs. steering head bearings just gotta keep your head nut tightend, NOT over tightend cuz it will wear them out fast. i put 46k miles on my r6 26k on my gsxr750 28k on my f4i and 15k so far on my 636 all stunt miles and ive only ever worn out pretty normal stuff from stunt riding. granted it is much harder on your bike than normal riding and if you love your bike to be pretty and dont want to spend money keeping it that way stunt riding is not for you, but its really not as bad as ppl think. when you see ****ty *** stunt bikes its not always from the stunting alot of times its because guys buy bikes that ppl have already crashed doing normal riding so they dont have to pay alot of money to have a bike to stunt. just wanted to add some of my knowledge to this post.

Quick Reply: stoppie damage, continued