Stop Lecturing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stop Lecturing

First of all yes I have been down on dirt and the street and have had broken bones becuase of it(I know the risks) My helmet has probably saved my life. And I never said riding a dirtbike qualified me to ride a streetbike, my riding experience was just meant to show that Ive been riding for a while, probably longer than some of you high and mighty people with five stars, , and know the dangers of riding any kind of motorcycle. And I know there are plenty of people who have been riding longer so dont bother. My rant was not an attack on wearing gear I personaly always wear a helmet and gloves and usually leather if im doing any riding longer than 5 minutes.

And I dont care how many stars I am suppose to have to make a statement if you read the original post you would see how much stock I put in stars.

My only point was that people should stay on the topic posted and not attack people who make different decisions than themselves.

And finally to shut all you up Im one of the most responsible riders I know. While the people I ride with are being idiots doing wheelies, endos etc. I keep 2 wheels on the ground and enjoy just riding. Ive nevver wrecked while fooling around on the street cuase I dont do it, it was just in everyday riding (which is alot more than I can say for most people)

All you are just so quick to jump all over everyone you dont even stop to think about what people are really trying to say. And some of you need to stop being condecending ****** cuase I know everyone is big and bad when they're on the internet.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 PM

Now Im not trying to promote unsafe riding, Im just saying theres no need to lecture everyone that posts something that you consider unsafe. You ride the way you want to and let everyone else ride the way they want to!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:34 PM

ok so what if these great people in this forum lecture.....maybe they will save some idiot and make him second think his/her decisions and save a life.....think about that

i dont have any leathers right now but it is my main priority to get some....mainly from what i have heard on this forum....i was one of those punk t-shirt wearing invincible kids 21 years old....but ive realized its time to ride safe instead of stupid. ive had a few close calls but never thought to buy the right gear until a few of these guys "lectured me" and it sunk in....get a grip on life and let people lecture about safety....maybe it could save you one day

Old 03-12-2008, 06:39 PM

mass600rr

Dude, I completely agree with you 100%.... It pisses me off to the point that I really only use this site as a technical reference anymore for how to fix some wiring, because heaven forbid I agree that its okay to ride without gloves or buy a 600 to start....

Typical conversation on this board looks like:

"Hey will a 240 fit a 2004 600RR?"
"Why would you do that!? Youre just wanting to show off! Why ruin a great piece of technical engineering! You'll die just trying to stunt it. I've seen a guiy with a 240 and he wrecked, you will too!"

Old 03-12-2008, 06:44 PM

Thank you becket finaly someone who gets it. I never attacked wearing gear or even telling people to alltogether. I said in my original post there is a time and a place to talk safety but its not in every post.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you're lecturing people to stop lecturing .. things that make you go hmmmmm.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM

and Alpha Iv always been the guy wearing the right gear on street or dirt. Its just gotten to the point were noone can come here to ask a normal question without someone bringing up leathers. Im sure there are others who feel this way

Old 03-12-2008, 07:01 PM

I've been here a while and I don't see all these, so called post (preaching) about wearing gear. Maybe I'm clicking on the "cleavage smackdown", thread too much.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mass600rr

First of all yes I have been down on dirt and the street and have had broken bones becuase of it(I know the risks) My helmet has probably saved my life. And I never said riding a dirtbike qualified me to ride a streetbike, my riding experience was just meant to show that Ive been riding for a while, probably longer than some of you high and mighty people with five stars, , and know the dangers of riding any kind of motorcycle. And I know there are plenty of people who have been riding longer so dont bother. My rant was not an attack on wearing gear I personaly always wear a helmet and gloves and usually leather if im doing any riding longer than 5 minutes.

And I dont care how many stars I am suppose to have to make a statement if you read the original post you would see how much stock I put in stars.

My only point was that people should stay on the topic posted and not attack people who make different decisions than themselves.

And finally to shut all you up Im one of the most responsible riders I know. While the people I ride with are being idiots doing wheelies, endos etc. I keep 2 wheels on the ground and enjoy just riding. Ive nevver wrecked while fooling around on the street cuase I dont do it, it was just in everyday riding (which is alot more than I can say for most people)

All you are just so quick to jump all over everyone you dont even stop to think about what people are really trying to say. And some of you need to stop being condecending ****** cuase I know everyone is big and bad when they're on the internet.
mass600rr, you remind me of Scott Tenorman. For starters, the post about "star requirements" was a joke that everybody got except your dumb ***. And nobody got on your **** because of what you said, they got on your **** because of the way you said it. This is a tightly knit community here, and one that doesn't take kindly to some random dude coming in and saying **** like "NEWSFLASH: Having a 5 star rating on this site does not make you an expert rider or expert ANYTHING! It just means that you spend a lot of time in front of a computer."

You're right...a star rating doesn't equate to a skilled or knowledgeable rider, but it does equate to a rider that is actually a part of this community. Your star rating didn't represent what level of rider you were to me...it represented that fact that you are not a part of this community, and thanks to your ****-*** attitude in your little introductory rant, you probably won't be. I'm sure you're gonna come back with "I don't want to be a part of this community anyway," and to that my response is GOOD RIDDANCE. The mutual respect we show for one another around here is what makes this forum special to many of us, and your rant undermined that respect.

You're entitled to your opinions, but the way you presented yourself to the members of this forum is similar to running into an NAACP meeting and yelling "I HATE NI**ERS!" If you have an opinion, which I'm sure as a 20-year-old know-it-all you are full of them, then present them intelligently and in a manner that doesn't show disrespect towards our Honda family. Quit crying about being attacked and realize that your tone and attitude is what caused it, not your opinions. Whether or not you seek redemption is up to you, but redemption comes in the form of an apology to the members of this forum.

-nitwit out

Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 PM

First of all I dont know how u can have tone on the internet and if there is such thin I dont think anything I said was that bad. Other than my newsflash comment wich needed to be said. And if you people take ofense to anything that is said on the internet GET A LIFE!

Quick Reply: Stop Lecturing