Stop Lecturing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stop Lecturing

Screw it, lets all ride naked then, cause I know nothing......... I have 5 stars

Old 03-12-2008, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

Screw it, lets all ride naked then, cause I know nothing......... I have 5 stars
Good job ******* you hurt his feeling............................... +1 for the naked though only women.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 PM

lol 5 Stars

Old 03-12-2008, 01:35 PM

LOL go buy a gixxer you'll fit in perfect, ANYWAYS be safe guys wear you gear!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Of course, being 20-years-old, you should be fine no matter what, as it is well known that 20-year-olds simply bounce off the fluffy cement and float like angels over oncoming traffic if they should happen to dismount their bikes while riding.

I used to think that when I was 20. I'm glad I found this site. I thank you guys for making me realize that I was a squid. I didn't even know that it was possible to ride a sportbike with the front wheel on the ground.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you dont like it.. leave.. simple

Old 03-12-2008, 04:48 PM

I don't see it as lecturing, I see it as free advice. Most people who preach this have been down before, some probably didn't have any gear on and now see the benefits. And other who've had it on and really seen the benefits. You obviously have never been down or this post would not exist.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

I don't see it as lecturing, I see it as free advice. Most people who preach this have been down before, some probably didn't have any gear on and now see the benefits. And other who've had it on and really seen the benefits. You obviously have never been down or this post would not exist.
ha exactly.... i spun on some gravel in a parking lot and let it go on it's side and slid into a curbwhen i was a newbie.. i had jacket, gloves, jeans and helmet on.. didn't have a scratch on me..

Old 03-12-2008, 05:39 PM

The point is...
You can wear all the right gear, take all the right classes, ride responsibly, and STILL WRECK.
We all know this, and we have fun riding anyway.
It's called risk management. We manage what we can.
But when we see someone (or hear about someone) doing just plain idiotic stuff, we're concerned.
I've flown helicopters professionally for twenty years. I've lost some friends.I know what I'm talking about and I have the right to preach and/or lecture :-).

On a side note...squids on sportbikes make us all look bad. You are never "just hurting yourself".

Old 03-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll say this....i saw a pic on here of a guy who was doing 55mph, cat ran infront of him, he highsided and hit his knee on the pavement. he said when the blood was all cleaned away from the knee, you could see his knee CAP!!!! he was wearing jeans. now, that right there and seeing the pic was enough to make me put on my leathers no matter the temp outside.

Quick Reply: Stop Lecturing