Stop Lecturing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop Lecturing

Hey guys and Gals Im relitivly new here but Im not new to riding. I've been riding on dirt since I was 13 and the street since 16 (Im now 20) and I know no matter how long I ride Ill never be perfect. But Im sick of seeing people lecture others about safety in every post no matter what the topic is. Most people who ride know the risks and if they dont they learn real fast. If people want to ride without jackets or in some states helmets then thats their choice. And If they want to ride on public streets like idiots then hopefully if something goes wrong they dont hurt anyone other than themselves and hopefully not that either. But every one has the right to make their own choices and we dont need to hear about riding safe and wearing leathers under every topic posted.

NEWSFLASH: Having a 5 star rating on this site does not make you an expert rider or expert ANYTHING! It just means that you spend a lot of time in front of a computer.

Now Im not trying to promote unsafe riding, Im just saying theres no need to lecture everyone that posts something that you consider unsafe. You ride the way you want to and let everyone else ride the way they want to!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Stop Lecturing

And you think you are the first to say/think that??? lol. Best advice is get over it. It wont stop, never does, and its not just here.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:00 AM

I Know just venting I guess

Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 AM

i'm pretty sure that it takes a minumum of 3 stars to make a statement like that, or else it is a bannable offense. check the rules of use. (you might want to delete that post before others see it) i'm just saying....

Old 03-12-2008, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: mass600rr

Hey guys and Gals Im relitivly new here but Im not new to riding. I've been riding on dirt since I was 13 and the street since 16 (Im now 20) and I know no matter how long I ride Ill never be perfect. But Im sick of seeing people lecture others about safety in every post no matter what the topic is. Most people who ride know the risks and if they dont they learn real fast. If people want to ride without jackets or in some states helmets then thats their choice. And If they want to ride on public streets like idiots then hopefully if something goes wrong they dont hurt anyone other than themselves and hopefully not that either. But every one has the right to make their own choices and we dont need to hear about riding safe and wearing leathers under every topic posted.

NEWSFLASH: Having a 5 star rating on this site does not make you an expert rider or expert ANYTHING! It just means that you spend a lot of time in front of a computer.

Now Im not trying to promote unsafe riding, Im just saying theres no need to lecture everyone that posts something that you consider unsafe. You ride the way you want to and let everyone else ride the way they want to!
If you don't like the fact that people promote responsible riding, you are free to leave. I will always be that person on here telling people to buy more gear and wear it. It may be their choice, but I tend to believe in educating folks through information. I think that telling them that at 5mph not wearing a helmet can kill/handicap may make the difference. Telling/showing them how much road rash hurts and costs versus gear may make them come around. Once you see the dark side of this lifestyle and the types of injuries that happen, it changes your outlook on gear, riding style, and these 'lectures.'

Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Banned

NEWSFLASH: Riding a dirt bike makes you as qualified to ride a street bike as riding a go-kart makes you qualified to drive a car. Don't compare apples to oranges, it buys you less points than my 5-stars.

Jerry Seinfeld put it best when he said that helmet laws are designed to protect a brain that is functioning so poorly, that it doesn't even want to protect the head it's in.

That being said, I don't feel like I've ever been overly preachy in this forum, but I often include things in my messages such as "be safe out there" or "gear up" or "drive defensively." My concern is genuine for the well-being of fellow riders, and if you find my concern or other people's concern for the safety of others to be offensive, it's time to re-evaluate yourself and figure out why you are such a cocky *****. Don't get me wrong sport, condescending remarks like "nice death trap" get on my f&$#ing nerves, but I've never gotten angry at somebody for saying "it's good to wear a helmet." Of course, being 20-years-old, you should be fine no matter what, as it is well known that 20-year-olds simply bounce off the fluffy cement and float like angels over oncoming traffic if they should happen to dismount their bikes while riding. The rest of us are well aware of our mortality, and either know riders who have been seriously injured or died or have had a brush with death ourselves. My only intention is to hopefully have somebody learn from my lessons, as not everybody gets up from their first accident as I did. I was once an incredibly cocky rider, and only geared up about half the time. Not anymore, and if only one person is affected enough by my "lectures" to gear up and be a safer rider, then that outweighs a million people who are offended by them. So sit there and get pissed off.....cry me a river and post all the threads you want about it, but I'm still going to advocate safety in my posts where I feel it is necessary and I'm sure others are going to continue to do the same.

Good luck in your quest for immortality...nitwit out.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 AM

All hail the bus! I think one of the main reasons that we all promote safety here is our image. Sport bike riders have an awful image because of punk riding around in wife beaters with skull caps. The people you say have the right to do whatever they want (and do) are the people making us look like a bunch of brainless hooligans, causing our insurance quotes to be extremely unreasonable, and ruining our reputation.

You can do whatever you want, but this place is a community, a family (see 'the time has come..'), and a respectable one at that. If you want to be a part of it and the wealth of knowledge that comes with it, then wear you damn gear, we all do! Im not trying to discourage you or anything, but safe riding keeps people alive on inherently dangerous vehicles. The more knowledgeable, aware, and geared up you are, the better off and more alive you will remain.

My five stars mean that I spend a lot of time online, yes.. but also gaining many second opinions, informative feedback, and learning and growing my knowledge base every day. Knowledge is power my friend... especially in the off season. I had a dirt-bike once too, and that doesnt make you better, just more familiar with how a gearbox and hand clutch operate. It teaches you nothing about lean angles, high speed braking, etc... On a dirtbike, traction means nothing, on a street bike, traction is you best and only friend. Conceptually different riding from the simplest of principals.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 AM

Well, you obviously didn't take an MSF Safety Course. And if you did, you learned nothing.
ORIGINAL: mass600rr

Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 AM

Also you must really not have much of a clue on the value of life huh? Your one of those invincible type where you just dont give a damn? Well I dont know any of these posters on here personally but I can tell you right now i'd rather throw in my .02 and maybe help make a difference. To many people die to young and leave to many people behind. Nuff said.

EDIT- Sorry bus I just really didnt wanna read yours the first time looked awfully long. I did now and could have just done a +1 .

Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 AM

Shoortbuss...you are the man.

This dude is an idiot. 20 years old that thinks he's invincible. The only time I ever post "be safe" and "wear a helmet" is when newbies post on here. This fool got 7 posts since joining 8/07, so he is not part of this community and should just delete his account. Threads like this just show the rest of us responsible ridersthat there are foolish people out there riding bikes and unfortunately they are the only ones the general public hear about because of the idiotic way of thinking this dude is displaying here.

My step-brother felt this way back in 1990, he wanted to be cool and beseen on his bike, then one day never came home. If I could ask him how he feels now, I'm sure he'd reconsider. Maybe you can ask him for me when you see him, which I'm sure will be soon.

Fool.

Take your business elsewhere. Why don't you start your own forum called retardedriders.com and you have to have lost part of your body to join or have an IQ less than 85.

Quick Reply: Stop Lecturing