Stolen! She's gone!....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
tai
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen! She's gone!....

Well the title of this thing says it all. Came home from work around 7:20PM and she was gone. It happen in my apt parking garage...... They had to be scoping my out for weeks because they did it during the afternoon. The next morning went down to see the management office to see if they have any camera coverging the entrance, and of course no! they dont! But however they do have a camera at the guest entrance to the right of the parking entrance, and exactly at 3:40pm a guy with a white jacket and orange helmet came through the guest entrance and right after another dude on a bike (not mine) pull in front of the guest entrance and waited. And later just took off. So no actual footage of my bike being stolen. Funny thing is, I had a date set for next week to get lojack installed........... So be carefull brothers! Buy anything you can to protect your bike! And enjoy your rides for me!

Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Default RE: Stolen! She's gone!....

Sorry to hear that.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:36 PM

be sure to list it on http://www.stolen-bike.com/

Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM

Jesus Christ...it seems like everyday I log on to THE forum someone's bike is getting stolen. I say we put togather a forum mafia and start hunting their ***' down! I mean seriouslly, do people get their s**ts n giggles making other people miserable? Sad thing is, when he or she gets caught...jail sentence suspended, fine. Although anything over $500 is grand theft, so...and it also seems like a majority of the bikes that get stolen are from big cities. I'm from a small town, live in a smaller type town on the outskirts of major cities. We don't have dumb s**t like that heppening around here, well, at least on my side of town, BUUUT if you go on the other side...hell, EVERYBODY here watches out for one another. Neighbors, non-neighbors...it pays to be nice...no wonder this world is the way it is today.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Sorry to hear that, Hopefully they will find it.

When I lived in an APT I had my bike stored in a Storage facility. I had the key, and became friends with the owners.
So they always knew that I was the only person on that bike. And they had so much security around that place.
The other good thing about it was, you could not get in after 9:00 pm or before 6:30 am. And the management lived on site.
The other thing I did was never put the bike up or take it out If I saw other people in there units. I would just wait at the front.
It is ashamed you cant trust people, but better safe than sorry.

Todd

Old 04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
tai

Well just got off the phone with the insurance people, they are cutting me a check for $7800. Normally that would be cool and all, but I still owe like $9500 on the bike. Sigh...... Paying for something I can't even enjoy no more...........

Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 PM

well that was incredibly quick....

Old 04-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Don't take the check.
Don't take the check.
Tell them your not taking anything less than the pay off. drag it out. Talk to thier boss. Then ask for the your local area bosses number then talk to thier lawer blah blah blah don't take the check. Your a loyal customer who is now a victim. Remember you got to get a new bike now this will end up costing you double I'm telling ya don't take the check.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 PM

this is nuts! I have been having dreams mine was gone! I think I will put bolts in my floor so when I do park it in my garage I can lock it to the cement with chains and cables to make it that much harder and less desirable

and at work I will park it next to me

Old 04-04-2007, 02:42 AM
tai

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

Don't take the check.
Don't take the check.
Tell them your not taking anything less than the pay off. drag it out. Talk to thier boss. Then ask for the your local area bosses number then talk to thier lawer blah blah blah don't take the check. Your a loyal customer who is now a victim. Remember you got to get a new bike now this will end up costing you double I'm telling ya don't take the check.
You have to excuse me, I am new at claiming stuff for a stolen bike. They said they have to wait at least two weeks before they can send the check because they want to wait and see if the bike will turn up or not. So how do I even proceed and ask them for the whole value?

Quick Reply: Stolen! She's gone!....