Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

SR vs. Double Bubble

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
Wow what an ***. You get what you pay for. Should of got the ZG
Yeah you're probably right but I just didn't want to pay 3x time money.

Here's the update. After talking with the guy he said if I send mine back he will send me a new one and personally check it to make sure there are no flaws in it so I said okay because it would cost me $5 to send it back and it would **** me off to have that defect there so I give it to my mail room at work to have them ship it and give the seller the tracking# and asks that he ships a new one out right away so I don't go long without a windscreen. He said he would so I thought all was well. Then 5 min later I get another email from the seller saying "The missing piece you are talking about is where the injection inlet port is located.The factory breaks the “gate” off once the windshield is fully injected.There will always be a small amount there. I picked out one which has the smallest “gate” and the cleanest break. So it is not really missing plastic in that area, all windshields will have this, it is just a matter of how noticeable." I responded and told him I was going to keep my current one then. There is no sense in my paying to ship my windscreen back to get one that is going to be the exact same, that is just a waste of money so I go get the windscreen and money back from my mail room. He said he will be in Chicago next week and we could meet up and I can pick one out that I like which is a very nice gesture but we were not going to be all that close to each other and it would cost me more than $5 in gas to get to him so I am just going to keep the one I have. Then as I was reinstalling it I dropped 3 screws under the tank cover so had to tear my bike apart to get them back but its back on there and I will just live with it. One think I can say is the seller responded lighting fast so I was very impressed with that. Bottom line is if you can live with that defect then $35 is a great deal. If not pay the $80 for a Zero Gravity. If I knew this before I bought it I would have gone ZG but oh well .

Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Did find 1 flaw today was I was washing it. I will contact the seller and hopefully they will be willing to work something out with me.

Wait - you're telling me homeboy is saying that this is "Normal" on his product??

I'd send Z an invoice for $35 for bad advice haha

Old 06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Wait - you're telling me homeboy is saying that this is "Normal" on his product??

I'd send Z an invoice for $35 for bad advice haha
That is exactly what I'm tellin you

No joke! Z send me $35 please and thank you.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
That is exactly what I'm tellin you

No joke! Z send me $35 please and thank you.
Wow - that's ridiculous. What a crook.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Wow - that's ridiculous. What a crook.
I agree man but like Kdub said you get what you pay for and this what what you get for $35 instead of forking out the big money for the quality windscreen