Sport shop scratched my rim installing tire!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport shop scratched my rim installing tire!!!!

A shop just scratched up my rim from putting on a new pilot power rear. you can see the distinctive 4 corner scratches that the machine made.

i took it back to them and they said not their fault.
I have called my legal team at dabaubin, knights, and simmons in orlando and they are preparing me a draft to either get me a new rim or for repair.

My question is, am i going to far in doing this to a sport shop here in orlando.

My bike is a 06 cbr 600rr. below is a picture of one of the3 scratches. any info would be great!Name:  DSC00014.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  62.9 KB

Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Default RE: Sport shop scratched my rim installing tire!!!!

Who was it. I live in Orlando too? What was the name of the shop.

You might be going a little far. You can get a little touch up paint to fix it. But I know I would have atleast asked about them getting me a new one, and threw a little fit, but I dont know if I would call an attorney. But hey, someone has to set them straight.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:19 PM

to tell you the truth, i probably wont do anything, but i really want them to get that draft because they just can't sit there and say "that didn't come from our machine" I want to show them that they can't push everybody around. I am not out for money from them or a new rim. I want a fkn apology and for some shop manager who is 24 maybe to take responsibility. I am a I.T. manager, i have my microsoft certification, now i am not a angel but i am not a idiot. I kinda just want to get the lawyers to send them the document for purpose of showing them that i mean business as a customer. I wont do anything because your right, a sharpie can fix it. just want someone to say, " we are very sorry that happened." this is all.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM

Thats true, most customer service SUCKS in this area. Where was it at?

Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM

What part of orlando do you live? I kinda dont' want to throw the shops name out there. some of the people there are alright. so i don't want them or words about them to be out there you know. Where are you in orlando

Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 PM

I live on the North East side over by UCF. I usually take my bike over to Cycle Riders of Orlando on Colonial (50) right past John Young Parkway. I ONLY deal with Nathan there. He is the main Service Writer, and he makes sure the stuff get done properly. Most everyone elsethere I have dealt with completely sucks!! My buddy has had his Busa in there for almost 2 months out of the last 3. First for a tranny problem, then 3 times for an oil leak from where they put it together wrong. Last time, I told him to ask for Nathan, he had it done in about 6 hours and hasnt had a problem since. I really haveny taken my bike to anywhere else, but if you want CUSTOM stuff done, take your bike over to RayRay's customs over on 50 right before I-4. His work is awesome!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM

do you have a email or phone number. I will give you the info that way. Just dont want to spill info on a forum you know. I live right next to airport on mcoy and daetwyler. i always ride tradeport or heintzlmen.

hit me up whenever brother 407-466-7806

Old 03-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Dude, your doing the right thing. As an IT manager, wont somebody come seek you out if some data gets corrupted coming across one of your servers? Or if some dork deletes something in a table on your server, wont they come ask you to 'undelete' it.
Heck ya, hold them suckers reponsible for their actions. They should be professional enough to take responsibility for their actions.
Keep us updated on how this plays out!
Im a Software Engineer - I feel your pain!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Stick it to them! Yeah if they simply apologized and offered to somehow fix it or compensate you then fine, but to outright deny fault is definate cause for action.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:59 AM

I always do a walk around before and after just like a rental vehicle when i drop it off at Honda..i know what youre sayin about the sorry but im sure by bringing the lawyer in over a 70 dollar nick....but i see the principal..youre rim looks a lil worn out as it is tho...looks like its loaded with brake dust...just call em and tell em ya just flamed em on the Forums and they we are responding by boycotting....LOL....good luck young jedi..

Quick Reply: Sport shop scratched my rim installing tire!!!!