speeding,loud pipe,no plates--thank u officer

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speeding,loud pipe,no plates--thank u officer

The problem with your kit: It is that as the police drives behind you. The officer is unable to see your plate. Because the rear tire is blocking your plate from being seen. So, the installation of your kit (fender eliminater) might be too low and behind the tire and the officer heard your bike screaming while it was flying. That's when it is the loudess. I stopped a from Cali in my area and I just told him that he definately needed to bring the plate much higher. I explained that I just couldn't see it at all. So, the next time I see him around, I do expect to it to be where it is suppost to be or else I have to deal with it.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:21 AM

knife_edge, i take it that our an officer. once i take care of this ticket, and decide to re-install the kit and get another ticket for the same reason, does it become another fix-it ticket or a real ticket/fine?

Old 04-18-2006, 04:35 AM

thanks. i ordered them through competition werkes. i just got a new kit from jardine and is more street legal.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:34 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: gajardo68

First day of sunshine in a long time--it is thursday the 13th???? it's a lucky day for me!? Today got pulled over for speeding doing about ???? on the freeway. Actually I never asked him how fast I was going but I knew I was going pretty fast. I don't know where he came from. Anyways, thanks to officer cbr76 for his advice and I got sort of a break. I stayed corteus and polite, pulled out the key from the ignition to let him know i was not going to take off and mr. chp just wrote me up for a fix-it ticket. But man, i just installed this competion werke fender eliminator! He was going to write me up for the loud pipe but just gave me a verbal notice.---I noticed there are alot of threads about which pipes are loud--so to let you know these Jardines are loud. Mr. CHP told me that my bike was screaming. Im happy I didn't get the speeding ticket but the tought of having to take the back tail off again--its a hassle.

Is that true that after I take care of this fix-it ticket that if i re-install it and get pulled over again it would be an official ticket?

In this pic, i think my plates are visible.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5428/159635EE4F5D4D9FA0AA6382318BC5AF.jpg[/IMG]

I'm glad everything worked out for you! As far as your plate goes..I personally wouldn't have written you for it. I think it looks really clean and doesn't fall under displaying a plate in a manner to avoid ID, though it could be percieved as "Failing to Display and Maintain Registration Plate in Visible Position". I don't know how CHP works but as long as its in the right place when you get the repair order signed off, and get the order mailed in to your DMV you should be okay. I'm not telling you to put it back where it was before you got stopped after getting the repair order completed but I don't think anything can be done afterwards. Yes, if he stopped you again he could write you a citation but a citation is not a fix-it ticket and shouldn't carry points. Again, I don't know about CHP but I have the option of writing someone a repair order for an equipment violation or a citation. I am extremely easy-going about equipment modifications provided they are safe and not something blatently illegal (blacked-out tint and tinted windshield, registration plate bent up, etc.)

As to the officer's mind-set I can't be certain but two thoughts I have are: 1) He didn't want to hammer you so hard that the next time someone tried to stop you you'd say, "Screw that!" and take off, and 2) He wanted to give you something to adjust your riding a little. He probably knows full well that you'll put the plate back where it was and doesn't care..but wanted to give you a little prod that says, "Hey hoss, slow it down a little and be careful". In my opinion this is good policing. Contact is made where both parties feel the outcome is fair and reasonable, the officer can sleep at night knowing he didn't cut some moto-maniac loose onto the roadway and the rider doesn't have to deal with points, higher insurance premiums, or starts embracing the idea that stopping for police is not an option. I know guys that "double-bang", "stroke", or "hammer" people with multiple violations on a regular basis but to me that's just not the way to do business. The only people I hammer are idiots and people that don't feel the need to have insurance, a valid license, and feel they are above the responsiblities the rest of us have. If that CHP officer was a traffic **** he would have written you for the speed, the plate, the muffler, and anything else he could find.

Another thing to keep in mind about getting multiple citations is this: Many police officers, to include myself, usually go to the same court for traffic cases. After awhile the Judges start to know what type of citations a given officer will write, his or her speed tolerance, and if they regularly hit people with multiple citations. Whenever I have a motor

Old 04-23-2006, 01:44 PM

cops around my way are just total A**HOLES. I've got respect for most police officers that take there job seriously and give breaks when breaks are due.But these Cops where I live most went to the same highschool together and are on a major power trip. I got pulled over the other day for running a red light,yeah sure I was guilty but it turned red a "split" second before I went under it. I seen the cop and pulled right over before he even had a chance to come after me.took my helmet off,keys out and appoligized told him I was wrong and still wouldnt cut me a break like even a parking ticket. It just seems like everyone I talk to the cops around her developed a hate for us meaning sportbikes.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:55 PM

All i gotta say is, you win some, you lose some. I've never had a bad exprience with the police, but i've only been pulled over twice, once while i was driving, and once while my friend was.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:38 AM

your pipe makes the plate look so hidden. mine is the same kit but does not look so far in. but I have the stock pipe. never got pulled over. and where I drive the troopers will pull over anyone going 2 mph over!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Yea like cbr76 said, it depends on the officer involved and how you act towards them two.. If someone is a complete ******* to me when I approach their vehicle then I can gaurentee i will right them a ticket and if they say they are in a hurry and cus at me, then i'll take that extra time to write the ticket. I dont just right tickets for the hell of it tho I usually have a reason. Therefore when I do have to go to court the judge knows its not some bull **** charge.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbr04

you got a ticket for the CW kit??? that's what i have. it's completely legal here... visible AND with a light.
Not legal in most states, the plate has to be at the rear of the bike.

*local laws are different in different places*

Old 05-23-2007, 04:17 PM

man i got the same pipe, as far as thatgoes, screw them, loud pipes save lives. and most of the cops i know dont write you up for that, mine has saved my *** acouple of times for jackass's on the road

Quick Reply: speeding,loud pipe,no plates--thank u officer