Sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry...

Sorry if I offend anybody here but looking for some advice. After my buddy got his 05' GSXR750 I cant get enough riding just on his, so I'm looking to get my own. I wanted a GSXR cause his is badass, but after looking around I also like the CBR600, can anyone tell me about the two and why you choose the CBR. I also heard that honda's have some headshake, is this true or this just gixxers talking sh*t lol. Thanks

Old 12-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Default RE: Sorry...

Welcome TO,

I didn't know $hit when it came to buying a motorcycle a year ago and still have much to learn. What sold me when I went to purchase a R6(my mind was set and nothing was going to change it)was this... the Dealer had all 3 bikes out front waiting for me to ride around their huge parking lot.... So I did just that... rode all 3 of them. Suzuki, Yamaha, and CBR.... and you see the one I went with. The CBR just felt right to me, even in that short 5 minutes of riding.

Moral of my story...go with the one that you feel most comfortablewith(fits your riding styles)and which onelooks good to you. Because nothings worse then spending 9k on a bike that you wake up every morning and despies looking at.

Personally, I think the build quality on the Hondas are a little better then Suzuki...but again this is an opinion. With that said, I also believe if you take care of any vehicle and do the proper services on time then that vehicle will take care of you, no matter the brand.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 AM

About the headshake I owned a cbr600f4i and it has a slight headshake if you pull on the throttle hard in first or 2nd. I would hands down choose a 07/08 honda cbr 600RR it has no headshake and the design just looks great as well as performance is amazing. Now you are comparing a 750 cc engine with a 599cc displacement engine. Of course the 750 is more powerful if thats what you want. the honda is more manuevarable quicker and has great mid range power. Just remember one thing why have all that power when you will never get to reach a bike's full potential on the street.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:43 AM

Get the one that you think looks better (The CBR). They shouldn't have headshake unless theres somthing wrong with it. Plus you dont want to copy your friend and get a GSXR.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 AM

I've heard (and seen) that GSXR frame welds are garbage. I knew this kid that had a GSXR and he low sided at like 40 and the bike slid into a curb and it popped the side frame weld. Now, I have bought a wrecked 07 600RR that had the front forks and triples snapped right off in a very violent head on collision,with noframe damage what so ever. I would buy a Honda over a Suzuki any day for this reason alone, the frames are MUCH stronger and if you start with crap the finish product is crap. Well, Suzuki frames are crap.

Plus, I like the two headlight look much better than the one...but that's just my opinion. Facts are stated above.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 AM

in my experience the reason ur no gonna typically get head shake out of a gsxr is because they have a built in dampener i have an aftermarket dampener on my bike and ive never had head shake since

Old 12-12-2008, 01:07 PM

I don't know much about motorcycle's, I've only had my bike for a few months. But I've been reading alot about the various bike's (600/1000 class) and the 07/08 versions seem to be the top of the chart all around bike of it's class. The final decision is all up to you though. I say give them all a test ride and see for yourself.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Ride them both and make a choice, they are 2 completly different bikes.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: champ24

Get the one that you think looks better (The CBR).
What? These are sportbikes, not dresses.

Ride both and decide then. There are so many things to consider, looks is definitely not the primary consideration unless you plan on riding to Starbucks for coffee instead of hitting the twisties.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

I've heard (and seen) that GSXR frame welds are garbage.
^^ +1 on the weak welds, ive heard this myself.