So Scary

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Scary

Oh dang!!! A friend of mine and I were running out on our local "strip" when we decided to take the twisty backroads back to the highway. I was leading just doing my thing, not going to fast or to slow... I check my mirrors and notice no bike was there. I think maybe hes just going slow, then i noticed he wasnt coming. I turned around and was thinking please let him be ok... i see he is off into the grass, and had crashed. I rushed over to see if he was ok, he was fine. I got the bike for him while he walked it off. It turned out he came into the corner to hot and couldnt commit and ended up over shooting the turn and going off the road. The bike had very little damage. Just a few scratches and small crack under the bike, but still a shame to see on a shiny new cbr600rr... This is a first for me the whole crash thing... im sure this thing happens alot, it is very scary!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Default RE: So Scary

glad to hear he was fine and walked it off

Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 AM

Oh man! .. good to hear that he was able to walk away from it. Sorry to hear about the shiny new cbr being dropped [&o]. Was he geared up? Is this his first sports bike?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 AM

Gotta keep that bike within your limits. Keeping up with someone who is better than you is just asking for trouble.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 AM

I was geared up, he had a helmet and gloves only... and he has been riding the 600 for several months and even had a ninja 250 before that... but he just wasnt skilled enough to do what he was wanting to do.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM

a friend of mine dropped his gsxr1000 last week, I watched it from my driveway. Boy did he feel like **** after that.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 AM

haha, i thought you said dropped YOUR gixxer 1000. i was like damn.... but yeah dropping a bike is never fun, (never put your kickstand down on dirt) haha anyone have any storys for that comment?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 PM

that will give you a gut check any day.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM

Sometimes I've kicked the kickstand and heard the noise of it coming out, But what actually happened was it went back up in the rest position. Thinking that the kickstand was down I went to put the bike down and oopps!!! nothing there. Tell you what ( when that thought goes threw your mind that your about to drop your bike .. you can become superman! I've stopped the bike twice from going over like that.)

As for your buddy, maybe next time let him take the lead. Looks like he might have been trying to keep up with you and caught himself in a bad situation.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 PM

ouch, that sucks. for a minute when i saw the title "so scary" i was expecting to open the thread and see a picture of you on your bike w/ a halloween custome on. that would of been funny, but this story is interesting too.

glad your buddys ok. dropping always hurts, esp your pride. i dropped my brand new 2004 a few months after i got it, i wasn't going that fast but it flipped and landed hard on top and side and screwed up the bike pretty good. frame is still a little crooked.

hope he had full coverage, if he did, sometimes it's nice to get a new color.

i got another good one. my very first bike was a 10 year old ninja. piece of sh!#, but it was my first, and i was the first among my friends so i thought it was so cool. so that very first night, i'm riding around having a good time and i tell my friends. they decide to come over after having been drinking and i let my buddies take turns round the block 'cause i didn't want to be one of those stingy ******... but i should of been, because after some time, my friend wants one last ride round the block so he jumps on and takes off w/o putting the kickstand up. the older bikes didn't have an engine cutoff linked w/ the kickstand. so he takes of down the street and i'm yelling after him about the kickstand. at the end of the street, the street curves to the left around a park. my friends and i jump in my car and chase after him. we get to the end of the road and there he is... trying to lift my bike off of the ground on the lawn in frnt of somebodys house w/ a huge skid in the grass. he tried to turn left and the kickstand made him go straight up the curb and he crashed w/ the kick buried in the grass. fairing was all cracked, and from that point on my kick was so jacked that it'd get caught on the left foot gear shifter. so the moral of the story, you're allowed to be ****** to your friends when they're drunk!

Quick Reply: So Scary