Should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I do it?

girlfriends wont drive in the rain pal. sry stick to car. thats like leasing a badass lexus and living in a trailer..its just stupid

Old 05-26-2006, 09:51 AM

Hey Hey don't go bashing on the 30 yr olds. I just got my 06 rr at 30, but I have been on my harley for the last 6 yrs. Truth be told I am glad it worked out this way. One bad day on the harley tought me a very valuable lesson. Knowing now, at 23/24 I wasn't ready for anything like this. Ride safe.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

yeah, im in the minority. id say if you can't afford both a car and a bike, stick with 4 wheels. bikes are cooler but cars are more versitile. when was the last time you went grocery shopping on a bike? how about christmas shopping? the bike is hands-down the coolest thing you can buy, but only when you can afford it.

what about selling the car and buying a cheaper beater car and used bike? that could be an option for a tight budget.
ok - i do agree what 929 says but i see people buy groceies and walk (with bags in there hands, maybe 30lbs each hand) 2 miles to their house.. And when I was a biker in High school, I used my backpack for plenty of things. i mean it doesnt make a good cup holder but it could work as a grocery shopper if you know how to work it, plus you need to be single. But a bike should be a secondary vehicle even so, you dont want to be forced to ride in the rain, or everytime on it (i mean it sounds awesome now, but believe me - sometimes it's nice to have the option to be 2 wheels or 4)

So what i suggest (just my 2 cents once again) put the OCD on the back burners, get a second job and just save up intill winter. You will find tons of nice deals when the season is over (the prices will snake you in summer)

Good luck man

Old 05-26-2006, 02:35 PM

maybe this in the old college kid in me coming out, but...... find out a way it's required for school. Mom, Dad, yes, the CBR is for class- I promise. They only have parking spots for bikes left! send the check ASAP.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:39 PM

i say if you can't afford it...don't buy it. now....thats not to say that getting a loan doesn't mean you can't afford it. what kind of cage do you drive btw?

Old 05-27-2006, 12:07 AM

sell the car, get the bike. Don't get the bike if you just want to save on gas. I don't see anything above 33 on the RR, but I ride very hard and fast. Fun factor is +++ on the bike, traffic and other vehicles on the road not seing you is a ----.

The best bet would be sell the car, buy a used cbr, then spend 1000 on some pos cheap car for those days when it rains or when you need to haul something more than boring books or a beautify babe in a bikini.