shipping from southernhonda.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping from southernhonda.com

hey guys, got a question if anyone has bought their CBR from http://www.southernhonda.com/default.asp - I wanted to know if there is any shipping company that will work with them? my dad is trying to buy one for me for my 21st birthday (what a suprise huh? haha) but he talked to the salesman and he said "we dont work with any shippers, so you will probably have to come down to tennesse to pick it up"..

If you have a referral, i would be so grateful - trying to get it shipped to Couer d'alene, Idaho..

thanks in advances

Old 09-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: shipping from southernhonda.com

My brother drives a truck for a living... CCX. It's Conway something or other. They deal with shipments like this. You might try calling a company like them.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:16 AM

wow 7,300ish for an 06
that's cheap!

Old 09-29-2006, 01:07 AM

if you can get me a number or a website doncollins i would be most grateful... I've been trying and so have my dad to find a company to ship it from tennesse.

and yeah 7.3K (actually i think it's 7.5K out the door) is an awesome price for it..

Old 09-29-2006, 01:38 AM

Dude - You might want to call Southern Honda if its legal (i mean certified) in your state or not... Cuz im from Cali and it was not california certified. I called the DMV in california and guess what it will cost minimum of around $40.00 for the fees and then on top of that whatever i have to change on the bike to make it california certified will be extra on top of that.

And then you have to also add up the towing it to your place charges and stuff...Well I am just giving you heads up.

I hope you find a good deal.

I just got my second bike this monday after i crashed the first one lol... and i already have 175 miles on it in 4 days just cant get off of it - I got it for 8700 out the door.

Well I will be really glad to find out if you got a good deal on it or not. Looks like you are putting good effort in researching things so u will end with a good deal...and its a very very good bike.

Take care

Old 09-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Retired Administrator

The place he works for is here...

I know he has told me they deliver to homes so you might be able to check them out.

You can try this...

Also I looked up motorcycle shipping on google and found this...

This place looks like they would charge you about $654 to go from zone 3 to zone 1 and that gives you up to 550lbs.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:17 AM

thanks don for the links, ill check it out tomorrow and see what i can do.

and khiladi - yeah ill check it out.. going to register it up in Idaho and then bring it down to Vegas for the winter riding (they dont need to know *the insurance company haha*) but from what i see in Idaho, i dont think they have a line with bikes - kids riding around with no helmets, and then ATV's and dirt-rails on the roads... believe it, it's redneck land up there but ill still check it out...

Old 09-29-2006, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

if you can get me a number or a website doncollins i would be most grateful... I've been trying and so have my dad to find a company to ship it from tennesse.

and yeah 7.3K (actually i think it's 7.5K out the door) is an awesome price for it..

they just dropped it to 7300! I paid 7583.....i'm sad..... Just kidding.
Good luck b/c Southern Honda will not ship. Try Averitt Express, Overnite Express... they are like Conway (LTL)

Old 09-29-2006, 05:24 PM

I dont think you can buy me a plane ticket and gas for $653 dang!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM

telll me how it goes
if it's good i might get one that's really cheap!

Quick Reply: shipping from southernhonda.com