Set her down

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Set her down

Shogun no-cut frame sliders for next time. I know your pain. I hate this story but a friend of mine was warming my tires when he lost control of MY bike. Lucky for me it fell on his leg, and no fairing damage was done, I do however have the same knick you do. I used outdoor flat black spray-paint. First I sanded it lightly with like 500 grit paper to get the roughness out, then taped up and sprayed... Before it dried I blotted it with a cotton cloth to eliminate the overly perfect smooth look that spray gives off. Until woodcraft makes cases for the 07s, that is the best I think you can do. Hope that helps.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 PM

The Engine case is NOT the same for the 07 as the 06 and before. I would go with an engine case cover... I'd point to Woodcraft personally... especially if you're thinking about replacing it... might as well just spend that money covering it so you can't see it... and protecting it while giving it a custom look. (looks, real protection, similar cost... a good deal to me!)

Old 01-16-2008, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

use a sharpie

ROFL!!!! Sharpies rule!

Dude, get yourself some frame sliders. They have saved my bike from damage from those types of drops. I've heard some horror stories about no cut sliders in accidents though.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 PM

[].. But don't worry its not that bad .. couldn't been much worst. Replace it for $180.00 roughly installed and call it a day. Then install frame sliders to prevent this from happening again. This is the protection i got from my sliders when someone pushed mine over a couple months ago. Worth Every Penny.

Name:  Picture079.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  70.2 KB
Name:  Picture045.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  90.8 KB

Old 01-16-2008, 10:39 PM

The woodcraft cover that I saw did not look like it covered my scrapes. Maybe im not looking at the right site or something.

And yes, I definitely need sliders. I actually went to buy some last week, but couldnt decide between cut or non-cut. Im paying for it now. Im too scared to cut my own fairing.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 AM

I also would just leave. 120 dollars for a new casing is hardly worth it. Its not that bad of a scratch and I bet over half the bikes out there have a scuff on the same exact spot...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Some people are all about cutting... but obviously... here's my opinion! (worked well and saved me from any scratches on my upper fairings when someone backed into it and knocked it over)

===>Here<===

Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

The woodcraft cover that I saw did not look like it covered my scrapes. Maybe im not looking at the right site or something.

And yes, I definitely need sliders. I actually went to buy some last week, but couldnt decide between cut or non-cut. Im paying for it now. Im too scared to cut my own fairing.
This took some hunting to find actual installed pics! Sheesh! [:@] But anyway... I hope that the effort helps ya out some! One of the many examples, not including ebay, of where you can find these is ==>HERE<==

(This is for the 2007-2008 Model)

<EDIT> Hey look! My frame sliders are on this bike as well! (in the first picture) Haha... actually... it's this bike here that I first saw those sliders on, and I fell in love with em.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

This took some hunting to find actual installed pics! Sheesh! [:@] But anyway... I hope that the effort helps ya out some! One of the many examples, not including ebay, of where you can find these is ==>HERE<==

(This is for the 2007-2008 Model)

<EDIT> Hey look! My frame sliders are on this bike as well! (in the first picture) Haha... actually... it's this bike here that I first saw those sliders on, and I fell in love with em.
THANKS Lrn2Go!! I didn't know they made that woodcraft cover for our bikes. I'm going to go pick me up one for that extra protection for as*holes that like to push over my bike or cars backing into us.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

THANKS Lrn2Go!! I didn't know they made that woodcraft cover for our bikes. I'm going to go pick me up one for that extra protection for as*holes that like to push over my bike or cars backing into us.
Hey, no problem They have one for the other side as well, the "Stator" side. It pretty much is a replacement cover with changeable "plates". Looks kinda like...

(And haha! Again, even without meaning too... my frame sliders strike again!!!)