CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Seriously FAST! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/seriously-fast-40817/)

jchavers_2000 06-15-2007 12:10 AM

RE: Seriously FAST!

I just can't take this......sigh. Are we realy talking about cars vs bikes? I'm sure there is a civic somewhere in the world that can beet bikes mustangs ect:. But ya know what they are HAND GRANADE ENGINES. Pull the pin or in this case the throttle count to three and then BOOM hahahah. This is silly. If you loos to any street legal car on the road you need to hand over your keys cause you aint ready to ride that thing. evo's supras bla bla bla are you kidding me with the FORDMUDSTAIN? WTF Guy? Normaly I won't even race them I just look over and give them the thumbs down its not worth my time or engine to be messing around with cars its 2 different worlds. Ohh good points about power to weight ratio's thats is most of what it boils down too but I think you left out the fact the red line on these bikes goes too 17 18 sometimes 20,000 rpm's not to mention the tranny's when your doing close to 100 in second gear come on give me a break? Ok I feel better now that I vented.

gixxereater 06-15-2007 01:31 PM

You're right.........a bike simply can't be beaten. I can't beleive how naive a sportbike crowd can be. I have one.........it's not like I'm a car nut on here boasting about beating rockets............but I dont burry my head in the sand either because I have a sport bike.

I give up............congrats on beating the Vette!! Let us know when you're done picking on cars............those are so yesterday.

jchavers_2000 06-17-2007 06:30 PM

gixxereaterread two post up.........repeat.

Hatebreed 06-17-2007 07:56 PM

i took a 911 turbo on the freeway yesterday... i think the only reason i won was the fact that once we got going really fast (140 or so) it did not have enough room to negotiate traffic, but if it was an open road... once i hit like 160 im sure it would have destroyed me.... seems how thier top speed is somewhere shy of 200

holycrapitshassell 06-17-2007 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: transamlt1man

Just so ya know for a car to beat your bike it should lift the tires. It would have to be a 10 sec car. I have never lost to a car on the street thats for damn sure. And if I did I would want to dig a hole and jump in it.A car weighing around 3500-4000 pounds needs over 1000 horses to beat a 600rr. As long as the person knows how to race.
more like 650hp for a 3600lb car 680-700 for a 4000lb car.

which is not too uncommon if you're talking boosted ls1's (about 3800lbs) or 5.0 mustangs (right at 3000 lbs, which doesnt take but a smidge over 500hp to put in the 10.5s..)

the only reason im chiming in here is because i have been beaten on the street (more like completely f**king walked) by a good friend's turbo 5.0 that does run 9.2's at a local dragstrip (will take plenty of cocky guys on literbikes) dynoing at only about 760hp, weighing in at 2800 lbs. if it makes you guys feel better, he gets about 6mpg and doesnt drive on the street but once in a blue moon.

honestly you really dont know much about cars. it doesnt take nearly the hp you're thinking to get a car into the 10s range. the power to weight ratio is good if you were comparing apples to apples but there are many more differences than just how heavy they are! ive done a p/w comparison of a new mustang gt and my 06 600rr, and the mustang needs some odd 800 hp to match the power/weight ratio. however there are plenty full interior s197s running 10halfs with little more than 600hp full interior. thats 200 hp difference between what power/weight says, and what happens in real life.

1BadCBR07 06-17-2007 11:44 PM

WellI rematched the mustang that beat me with him spraying (of course) and I pulled away from him this time... His 4.10's will not allow him to have near the top-end that my bike has.. Even still I had him from start to finish by a coulple lenghts... After it was said and done we shot the **** for awhile and he called up another guy he was friends with.... AKB SuperchargedCobra showed up... He whipped his dyno sheet out and it was puttin 608 to the wheels with 600ft/lbs. He said he'd love a shot at my bike.. I said sure why not...

We 20-rolled and I beat him up to 140.. After that he edged me out.... At about 160 we shut emdown with him about 2 bikes ahead of me... He wasn't pullin hard on me, but since I went 1 tooth down in the front, I lost a shade of my top-end.. I can only bring it to 175mph right now at 14G's.. Granted I weigh 190 and I'm sure that has somethin to do with it.... Put a lighter guy on the bike and it may have a bit more poop left in the scoop... But just figured I'd update ya'll..

DH