Secure bike = happy rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secure bike = happy rider

So i dont have a garage and i live in an apartment complex on the 2nd floor so i cant get my baby inside. Its new and bright orange and i dont want anything to happen to her.

What is the best disk locks you all have used
What is the best alarm you have used?

Links would be good. I have looked around but i want some input from people who use these products not just "tom in florida" like on all the websites

THanks!

Old 07-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Default RE: Secure bike = happy rider

Scorpio alarm systems www.scorpioalarms.com I just recently put one on my RR and it gives you a real peace of mind(or something like that!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:05 PM

I went with an alarm to wake the neighbors and Lojack to recover it. Lojack gives you an ownership card for your wallet that , god forbid, your bike ever gets stolen you call the police and give them your info and they enter in their computers for live, real time tracking. My neighbor is a cop and he says they love them cause all the cruisers with the computers (almost all have them nowadays) try to be the one to find it. He says its like a treasure hunt. Know people who have had disk locks and they either kept dropping their bikes when they tried to drive away after forgetting to take it off or for one guy who had his bike stolen it made no diff cause the guys loaded into a pickup. Hope the info helps.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:20 AM

What do u think is best// lojack or an alarm? or both? i figure lojack will get it back.. but alarms might prevent it from being stolen. $$ is important to me

Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM

What do u think is best// lojack or an alarm? or both? i figure lojack will get it back.. but alarms might prevent it from being stolen. $$ is important to me
Neither. if they want it, they'll get it, alarm or no. they'll likely find the alarm and rip it out. maybe they'll get lucky and find the lowjack too.

if $$ is important to you, get it fully insured with theft included (most policies include this) and be sure to keep the records Up to date with your insurance agency (Mods, aftermarkets, etc) so if it is stollen, you can at least get enough back to buy a new bike.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:28 PM

I can't tell them about the mods they will raise my premium![8D]

Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 PM

I've got an OnGuard disc lock with a bright *** orange cord that goes from the lock to my grip so I don't forget to take it off. Dealer told me he's done countless repairs because people drive off with them on. But the orange cord is a pretty good reminder.

http://www.onguardlock.com/disclocks.html