Rider down!!! (phukin sux!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider down!!! (phukin sux!!)

Sup guys I had to vent a little because I am pissed!!! I fell today coming back from Laguna Seca. Me and some friends went to Seaside and got some grub before heading home. Well we took 101 and existed on 183 through CAstroville (you guys prolly didnt need to know all that lol) but anyhow I was coming off the freeway and making a right turn. The light was red and I stopped then proceeded as normal, but I felt something not right. My rear tire became super slippery and basically fish tailed and I couldnt control it and it just fell and slid. Luckily I didnt get hurt and I had frame sliders, but it did scratch my tail, broke my right mirror glass, and bent my sato racing rear footpeg. I feel bad for my friend behind me who ended up layin his bike down because he didnt want to run over me. Man I was super pissed....when i fell I immediately thought about the dude with the gixxer on youtube in the parking lot who just dropped his bike. Funny wat kind of shyt pops in yur mind.

Anyways the main thing is im ok and so is my friend, but I totally didnt want to fall ever on anybike. Now imma be super cautious for awhile. Oh when I went to look where I fell I saw a big streak of water or oil I couldnt get a close enough look too many cars. Fuggin A man Fuggin A!!!! Well live and learn i guess.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Default RE: Rider down!!! (phukin sux!!)

that sucks. gld you and your friend are ok

Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

brother, it happens. you're ok, your friend is ok...........thats the important part. i've been in 3 bike accidents this year and i just say "**** it" lol, you just have to take it all as a lesson learned and THAT much more experience and tough times you've been through on your pride and joy. fix'er up, and have fun man.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yep everyone is ok, thats the main thing. Sorry to hear about the spill though [:'(]

Old 09-28-2008, 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear! .. Get up, dust yourself off and get back on her. That's all you can do. Glad to hear everyone made it out ok.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 AM

yea def most important thing is you and your friend are both ok. Be safe and things could have been worse be thankful.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:14 AM

Bummer, sorry to hear that. But as said already main thing is you and your buddy are alright.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:33 AM

I know exactly where your talking about...used to live there (Monterey). The races at Laguna had to be a blast...that's awesome down there. Get her fixed and got to the MotoGP in July !! Gald to hear your ok man

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 AM

thx for the support guys. I think imma have to take it easy for awhile. Im still tryin to figure out what happend. Whatever I guess....... yep now to get er back into shape. Quick question does anyone know if they make frame sliders for the rear or near it? I dont want my tail to get messed up again or have my pegs bentif I fall again...knock on wood. thx again fellas and i keep ya posted when she's all nice again.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:56 PM

I haven't looked into it... but I've heard there's a sub-frame kit for many makes and models of bikes (including many honda's) that adds rigid rear passenger pegs (they typically bolt in where the passenger pegs bolt into the subframe as supports, removing your old passenger pegs and brackets all together).

The idea of this is to both be A. Rear frame sliders, and B. Adds strength to the subframe to help prevent it from taking damage and "tweaking". Might try googling that.