Repsol Motor Oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repsol Motor Oil

Anyone run the Repsol Oil in their 600RR? Looking into changing my oil here in the next week and taking opinions i know it's a popular one and to search but maybe people have run into more recent issues with their oils etc.

I have a friend who is a dealer for Amsoil and i can get that for really cheap any comments/horror stories on that?>

Finally semi syn or Full syn.....Disadvantages,Advantages.....

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Default RE: Repsol Motor Oil

if you are going to go with synthetic go with full synthetic.
Last longer and helps shift better in my opinion.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:14 PM

What exactly are you looking for...it's oil for Christ's sake...sludge you pour in your motor...it won't help anything shift better...it won't make it run cooler...it won't protect it better...it's a freakin' lubricant! [&:]

Like I wrote over and over in another thread...spend whatever makes you feel good and put in what ever oil you want, just change your oil at the recommended intervals...that's what's important!!!

Awaiting Knightslugger's "synthetic oil is the best thing since sliced bread" response...

Old 09-25-2006, 06:50 PM

lol alrighty fr3t.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM

Don't do full synthetic on first oil change. Your motor isn't broken in yet. You need non-synthetic until breakin is accomplished. This is wide spread wisdom in the industry. Put back in what OEM has until break in. No warranty issues that way.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:20 AM

I'm a big fan of the Repsol. 15w-40 to brake in then 10w-50 synthetic and that's it. Thats all I use but the Castrol R4 we used when customers wanted a synthetic oil change but didn't want to pay out the *** for oil. Jet Jockey Z06 Vette is right; wait till you put some more miles on it before running a synthetic. Brake the motor in first. At round 5,-6k mi or your third oil change go Repsol. Synthetics have a higher tolerance for heat, they disperses heat better, and lubricate better (quicker rate of flow). If your lazy you can go 3,5k mi on the synthetic if your cheap you can use the coventional oils and change them 2,5k mi. I have OCD so my oil stays in the bike for about 2-2,5k mi do to city riding, commuting, and constant high rpm runs.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Isn't it BREAK in the motor.....????? Brake....

Old 09-28-2006, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

Don't do full synthetic on first oil change. Your motor isn't broken in yet. You need non-synthetic until breakin is accomplished. This is wide spread wisdom in the industry. Put back in what OEM has until break in.
20 years ago maybe... you'd be suprised then to know that the motor is pretty well broken in durring the first few hundred (street) miles with today's modern engine designs and processes.

No warranty issues that way.
No warranty issues period.

and Fret, you said yourself that Synthetic was superior to Conventional oil in the other thread. Your arguement was weather or not it was benifical to use Full Synthetic oil in the CBR600RR vs. conventional oil, in which case it is.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

and Fret, you said yourself that Synthetic was superior to Conventional oil in the other thread. Your arguement was weather or not it was benifical to use Full Synthetic oil in the CBR600RR vs. conventional oil, in which case it is.
Synthetic can withstand temperatures that our bikes will never even come close to...not even on it's best or worst days, same with dino oil...and I can't believe that after all the replies I've done so far you've still missed my main point...YOU CAN DUMP IN WHATEVER CRAP YOU WANT, BUT IT'S THE OIL CHANGE IT'S SELF THAT'S IMPORTANT...NOT THE OIL!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 04:39 PM

And that's what i'm argueing about! It IS the oil change that's important, but when you have to change to oil 3 times less freqently* than conventional oil that says a lot about how much better synthetic oil is!

*Roughly, some synthetics degrade faster than others, so it depends.

Quick Reply: Repsol Motor Oil