Rear Stand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Stand?

Okay the dealership helped show me how to adjust the chain tension. It was well explained except it's Sunday and they are closed. Was going to buy the torque wrench, open end wrenches and rear stand today. What size is the rear axle nut and tension screws on the '07 600RR? Also, I was told I needed to buy two posts, (lack for a better word), that go into the swing arm for the rear stand. Any suggestions.
BTW- I looked in the owners manual and show no spec's on the axle size, etc.
Thx.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Rear Stand?

I have an 05 so I'm not sure of the size of your nuts (man, that can be taked the wrong way).

The psot are called spools, swing arm spools. They screw into the swing arm and provide a stable point to use a stand. Although, you can buy and use a universal stand that has flat pads to left the rear. I have both options and since I end up working on a lot of bike for riders that do not have spools, I leave my vortex stand as a universal. At one time, I believed, like many here, that the 600rr had to use spools because the swing arm sides are different and not level and this would cause the bike to lean. Use the universal back far enough where the spools would be, and it's fine.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:02 AM

I've got the Shogun swingarm spools/sliders and they've worked just fine.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 PM

I checked at the local dealer for stands. The rear one alone was around $100. I looked on ebay, bought the same one with a front stand for $110 shipped! I also got the one that requires spools.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 PM

Okay. Thanks for the help. Any idea on the size of the rear nut? I think the adjusting screws are 12mm. Torque on rear states 83 lbf-ft, according to my manual. I have found Craftsman Tools to be reasonably priced for the average joe. Do I leave the kickstand down while using the Rear Stand? I'm by myself on this one.

Thx

Old 11-04-2007, 12:43 PM

Don't know off hand what size nut. I alwalys leave the kickstand down, just in case. Knowing my luck one day i would go to take her down and it still be up...bad news.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:48 PM

32mm if i am not mistakin

too lazy to go outside and grab the socket and look but that sounds right

Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Okay, Thanks baxsom. 32mm looks right. I got the stand. Just need the socket.

ORIGINAL: baxsom

32mm if i am not mistakin

too lazy to go outside and grab the socket and look but that sounds right

Old 11-04-2007, 09:34 PM

pretty sure its a 32mm, might wanna look into r&g spools, they have great stuff. and fyi pitbull stands are overrated. i love my lockhartphillips.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 PM

I wished I had read your message before I bought my Pitbull Stand. It was recommended at the dealership. Took me a while to set it up. But, I find it pretty easy to get the rear tire up now. Bought the Vortex Spools. I will look for a 32mm socket. They tell me not to worry about the torque wrench for the rear nut. Pretty much tighten it up, and then give it a strong quarter turn, that should be fine. Thoughts?
ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

pretty sure its a 32mm, might wanna look into r&g spools, they have great stuff. and fyi pitbull stands are overrated. i love my lockhartphillips.

Quick Reply: Rear Stand?