Rear sets... Whats the point?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear sets... Whats the point?

I notice that alot of companies offer rear sets for the CBR but my question is whats the point? What is the improvement? Is it worth $300+?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rear sets... Whats the point?

they can be adjusted, they dont fold like the stock rearsets....which from what i have seen personally can save you ALOT of dough if you get in a lowside, b/c they save the swingarm and some other parts on the rear of the bike from contacting the ground.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jaynd

b/c they save the swingarm and some other parts on the rear of the bike from contacting the ground.
But now you have a broken set of $300+ rearsets when you could have just thrown on swingarm spools for $25 bucks.

Adjustability is the main reason for it, but largely, it's just for bling factor (Sato's for example)

Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered Users

i wouldn't say its for the bling factor
i think main reason is for leg support and better Clarence and balance on sharp turns( mainly track ).

Old 02-12-2008, 08:41 PM

Rearsets....

So you have somewhere to put your feet while riding

...also called footpegs.
The aftermarket ones are there for a variety of reasons..like all other mods for he bike.

Some are adjustable, so you can change your riding position to suit your particular preference.

Some are "prettyer" than stock.

some are rigid cause some people prefer them that way, and some are spring loaded like the stockers

It all comes down to what you like (just like adding a fender eliminator, flush mounts, a double bubble windscreen, or even frame sliders)

Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 PM

on the street its mostly for bling/personal preference etc. On the track or a spirited twistie/canyon carver, its the increased clearence, adjustablitiy, and durablity. A good set of rear sets you can replace any broken parts from a crash, not the whole set.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 PM

are they really worth the money? I just think they are massively overpriced am i wrong?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: jaynd

b/c they save the swingarm and some other parts on the rear of the bike from contacting the ground.
But now you have a broken set of $300+ rearsets when you could have just thrown on swingarm spools for $25 bucks.

Adjustability is the main reason for it, but largely, it's just for bling factor (Sato's for example)

rear sets barley ever break... just bend lol. some can. and if its a low speed low side, your foot peg will just be a lil scracthed.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM

I found it worth it to spend the$$ on some rearsets. I have shorter legs and the rearsets allowed me to get off my bike further (increasing my turn speed) and clearance. I haven't done the track deal yet but plan to in the near future.

The build quality of the Satos are amazing. I haven't been down yet but if I do.....I don't worry about ruining the whole rearset (Maybe just maybe bending the replaceable peg). And my frame sliders/swing arm spools/ and amazingly strong pegs will prevent catastrophic damage to my bike.

Some rearsets also alllow youto change your shift pattern to GP style shifting. (Personal Preference if you like that)

Adjustable shift throw is another plus with most quality aftermarket rearsets.

I do love some twisties [8D]

If you're an agressive rider or track bound I'd say it's money well spent.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

The build quality of the Satos are amazing. I haven't been down yet but if I do.....I don't worry about ruining the whole rearset (Maybe just maybe bending the replaceable peg). And my frame sliders/swing arm spools/ and amazingly strong pegs will prevent catastrophic damage to my bike.
the peg wont bend, just the lever. the pes is the xpensive part haha i think like 80 bucks for vortex replacement. if you crash bad enough to bend that hunk of solid metal.... the rest of the bike is toast anyway

Quick Reply: Rear sets... Whats the point?