"Raccoon Tail" FE Kit (07/08 Coming soon)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Raccoon Tail" FE Kit (07/08 Coming soon)

Poll is 2 in 1...........vote on the purchasing..........then on the price of it.........thanks.

UPDATE: 07/08 600RR "Raccoon Tail" Coming very soon..........

Well, there are a lot of you guys with 07's and soon to be a lot of 08's. I've been tossing around the idea of making an FE kit for the 07's (since my roommate has an 07). It's going to look almost identical to the one on my 06. The taillamp used will be very similar to the ones you've been seeing around (the single LED light bar). But the LED light bar will be mounted onto the same bracket that holds the license plate onto the exhaust (and would only be red, no signals built-in). The signals will be mounted onto the sides of the modded fender (like on my tail). It's going to be killer, but might take me a couple of weeks to work out and actually create. I'll keep everyone updated as to the progress of this. Ordering a stock fender now to make the prototype with.

ORIGINAL POST:

As most of you know, I custom built myself an Fender Eliminator kit I dubbed the "Raccoon Tail". I've been getting a lot of PM's lately about possibly offering to build them for people. I would be more than happy to offer this service to anyone wanting one of my kits. So, this is more of a testing thread to see just how many people would like to purchase one of these kits, and what you think a fair price would be to charge.

I was thinking $50 for the 2005-2006 fender modification (no signals, no tag bracket), but will include shipping back to the customer. Customer would pay to have their fender shipped to me for modification. The price would include the modification to the fender and painting it satin black (like pictured below).

If customer would like to have Rizoma Zero signals mounted to the fender (either traditionally mounted like pictured, or flush mounted), it would be an additional charge of $50 per signal (keep in mind the signals cost me $42/each) Or the customer could order the signals independently, and mount them themselves, but would have to drill through the modded fender to do so. Customer could even buy the Rizoma's separately and ship them to me with their fender to have mounted for $8/signal.

The tag bracket is actually a "Larry's FE kit") which is essentially a worm gear clamp and CNC machined bracket. They go for $35 and can be ordered on eBay. I might be able to make a similar bracket, and will update you guys if I'm successful on doing so.

So, $50 bucks for a modded fender and extra for the, well, extras.

Fair deal? Anyone interested? If so, let me know on here or through PM.

Name:  mountain-07.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  169.3 KB

Name:  sunsetpic2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  fender12.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  rizoma2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  fender13.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  fender7.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  fender6.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  68.0 KB

Old 12-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blue Fox's "Raccoon Tail" FE Kit

i tell you fox, that is one sexy *** bike you got there. i voted fair price but wont buy, simply because i have an 07. if i had an 05-06 i would buy one.
[sm=exactly.gif]
That is one hell of a kit and would be awesome to see it on an '07/08 model.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 AM

If I had an '06, that's the FE I would get.
I'd love to see how the flushmount Rizomas look back there.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:48 PM

I would buy it

Old 12-09-2007, 09:42 PM

Love what you did back there. I would also like to see how the flushmount Rizomas look on that.If I had the money to spend right now I'd love to get that done, and I think $50 is a fair price.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 PM

Blue, i said this before a while back and ill sayd it again. you have the freaking cleanest bike!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:26 AM

Fox: I said I would Not purchase because I don't fix your qualifications but the price is definately fair.

P.S. You're bike/pictures are my roll model when I'm cleaning and taking pictures of my bike... lol

Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM

awesome looking kit and $50 is plenty fair, too bad i have an 07.

btw you covered your license # in the 3rd to last pic however it is clearly visible in the first, if you care [&:]

Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 PM

hey blue fox i just joined the forum and 2 minutes. i have noticed you have the same year, make, model and color as my bike i just got.I was curious where you got the decals on the front fairing by the headlights and the decals on the rear cowl tail. and do you have any suggestions i could do to the bike. you seem to be the front runner and most popular on this site. thanks for your time

Quick Reply: "Raccoon Tail" FE Kit (07/08 Coming soon)