questions for CBR riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: questions for CBR riders

Having owned a 600F4i and currently a 600RR, I think the differences are notable in engine characteristics and riding position - but not outright performance.

In pure stock form, the RR will (with a good rider on both machines) beat an F4i in a straight line drag race - I know, as me and my mates often play at sets of traffic lights. This isn't to say that the F4 is lagging far behind, far from it, but the RR is noticably faster, as long as the engine keeps spinning within the powerband (clutchless upshifts defo. needed..!!).

However, a modded F4i against an RR..?? Due to the strength of the F4i's engine (which feels like it has more torque in the lower - mid range) it probably would beat an RR in straight line speed. However I'd be interested to see a race between a modded F4i against a Mugen chipped (which boosts the RR's lower/mid torque) RR, just to see the difference.

And as for calling the F4i a sports tourer...please. Get a grip. It's not a tourer in the slightest, it's still a sport bikes that, with a good rider, can embarrass litre bikes on sets of twisties. I had to fit rear sets to mine as the standard hero blobs kept affecting my rides. A sports tourer is more like the Honda Blackbird - comfortable, hyper quick and loads of low down torque.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bruingoal6

God I think Dthompson is a little bitter about the rr or something.
Im not bitter about the bike. Just about the people that think the RR has a jet engine and the F4i has a GEO engine or something. I just think its funny that they think its super fast compared to the F4i when I know the difference in the power between the two because I have ridden both of them stock.

After riding my F4i for so long with the perfomance parts. I rode a RR about a month ago and I really wasnt impressed at all of the power. I would figure that a bike that so many people think is so powerful that it would take a little more than a sprocket change to overpower the RR.

I know I have alot more than just a sprocket change but thats all it would take for an F4i to out do the RR.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:08 PM

So with all the crap you put on your F4i, it's on par with a stock RR... that's what you're saying?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 PM

knightslugger

So with all the crap you put on your F4i, it's on par with a stock RR... that's what you're saying?

2006 CBR600rr Bone Stock

Ride fast, or Be Last!

My F4i has more power than your "Bone stock" RR. But it would only take a sprocket change to do that.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:49 PM

DThompson

Not being rude at all but you don't have any major mods. From what I see sprockets, k&n filter, power commander ( with a general map ) and a full akrapovic exhaust. So with these mods you are probally pushing 108hp to the tire. It took me over size pistons (639cc), rods, head work, cams, exhaust, k&n filter, power commander, (custom mapped), timming controll box and a HRC ECU to get to 131hp on my f4i. Plus I am tuned for a 40ph shot of nitrous.

I do understand I can't stand hearing everyone say the RR is so much faster then the F4i. But the truth is with equal riders and both stock bikes. The RR is a faster bike. Be it on the track or at the drag track. Take a RR and add the same mods you have (full exhaust, k&n filter, Power commander, and sprockets) and it will perform better then a F4i with the same mods.

The RR is more made for the track from the factory then the F4i is. More HP, rearsets are up higher, more aggressive stance. Sure the F4i can be the same. Just added different rearsets, sprockets, full exhaust, k&n filter, power comannder and you are right there with a RR (give or take on the numbers) Well like you said if the RR is only $400 dollars more I would buy the RR instead of spending $2500 dollars on mods to make it the same or a little higher then a RR.

90% of it is the rider. For the people that go to the tracks how many times have you seen a experienced rider on a 600cc bike just smoking a inexperienced rider on a 1000cc bike. Same thing at the drag track. I have seen beat up junk bikes smoke 1000cc bikes. Beacuse they are a better skilled rider. Anyone can twist a throttle wide open, But skill is skill and will pay off in the end. Granted a RR should beat a F4i everytime, and a 1000cc bike should walk away from a 600cc bike but it does not always happen. High hp numbers do not always win, but with the same riders they always will.

How I look at it. Ride what ya like and be proud of what you have. They are all still Hondas.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:55 PM

Im just tired of arguing with people that have one mindset when I have beaten 600RR's on more than 1 occasion and I have ridden them myself. I can tell a noticeable difference in the power from a stock RR to mine thats why I am sure with my mods that it will seriously hinder the possibility that a person on a stock RR will win the race to even an amatuer rider with the mods I have on an F4i.

They stand the RR on a pedestal when its not the fastest 600 out there. Given I like the RR but they make it out to be that its the greatest 600cc bike

Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 PM

True I hear ya.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:01 PM

Thank you, Finally someone does. I am planning on getting a 1000RR anyways so the F4i/600RR fights wont be there anymore. I will just tell them I can stomp them with my 1000RR and that will be it.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:41 PM

DThompson
knightslugger
My F4i has more power than your "Bone stock" RR. But it would only take a sprocket change to do that.
YOUR F4i maybe... a sprocket changes doesn't make more power, just quicker acceleration.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:48 PM

What were we talking about here again? [8D]

Quick Reply: questions for CBR riders